Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best home charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you happy with the anderson? Does it allow scheduled charging?

[Qinterbear, post: 3935702, member: 105103"]I’m getting an Andersen charge unit installed in a couple of weeks.

Advice from the company they use for installs was mixed. First video survey - “80 amps will be fine”. Second video survey (they lost the initial recording :rolleyes:) - “we recommend 100 amps”

I got the impression the most recent advice was of the “a**e covering” variety :) and I’d already had Western Power come and upgrade my main fuse from 60 to 80 amps on the strength on the first piece of advice. Western Power did this free of charge but advised that if I did need 100 amps it would be chargeable as a different housing would be required. The Western Power chap was also sure that 80 amps would be more than enough. Not entirely sure what counts as high power consumption appliances - we have the usual kitchen appliances - washer, dryer, fridge, freezer, kettle, toaster, coffee machine etc. Of the items you note above we have 1 standard single oven and 1 induction hob. No electric shower as all of our water and heating is gas powered. I found it quite funny that both the charger installers and Western Power asked if I had a swimming pool or hot tub :D. PS. I don’t.

So I THINK I’ve done enough to get the fuse upgraded to 80 amps, but have a slight seed of doubt.[/QUOTE]
I’m getting an Andersen charge unit installed in a couple of weeks.

Advice from the company they use for installs was mixed. First video survey - “80 amps will be fine”. Second video survey (they lost the initial recording :rolleyes:) - “we recommend 100 amps”

I got the impression the most recent advice was of the “a**e covering” variety :) and I’d already had Western Power come and upgrade my main fuse from 60 to 80 amps on the strength on the first piece of advice. Western Power did this free of charge but advised that if I did need 100 amps it would be chargeable as a different housing would be required. The Western Power chap was also sure that 80 amps would be more than enough. Not entirely sure what counts as high power consumption appliances - we have the usual kitchen appliances - washer, dryer, fridge, freezer, kettle, toaster, coffee machine etc. Of the items you note above we have 1 standard single oven and 1 induction hob. No electric shower as all of our water and heating is gas powered. I found it quite funny that both the charger installers and Western Power asked if I had a swimming pool or hot tub :D. PS. I don’t.

So I THINK I’ve done enough to get the fuse upgraded to 80 amps, but have a slight seed of doubt.