Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best insuring company for model 3 performance (london)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
What would be the best insurance companies to check out for a model 3 performance (cash purchase) in London?
I am getting offers of 2900 GBP per year currently.
thanks a lot for any input.

I’ve been with LV for all three of my EVs. The renewal quoted so far has always beaten any new quote from another company!

Of course you’ll pay an arm and a leg for London, and you’re probably younger than me. Mine is a LR AWD and last year it was ~£440.

I got a strange one. I insured my M3P- for £480 with LV last September. Clean year, renewal up to £611! Spoke to LV get all the BS but no joy. I also have a Volvo V40 on the LV policy last September £380 this renewal £480!
So to the market...£356 from LV without multi car.
Am changing the M3P- to a new LRAWD, cheapest Churchill £620, fine. LV second at £925. I spoke to LV and said surely insurance for A LR should be less than a Performance. I said you clearly don't understand how much slower and cheaper an LR is? THey disagreed and referred them to a BS policy statement about how they arrive at an insurance quote.
Tried DL they were about £100 more than Churchill. DL through Tesla was even more!

It is worrying that we really only have these 3 names for reasonably priced insurance for a Tesla.
The main advantage with LV is they give you 180 days abroad on Comprehensive cover. It appears I will have to get separate quotes every time I slip over to the EU with Churchill. Anybody used them abroad?