Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S MOT Recommendations? (North London)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I have a Model S (Ludicrous Mode) that I purchased almost three years ago. It is coming close to its MOT date. I wanted to find out if people have any recommendations. I am based in North London. I already spoke with Tesla and seems like they do not handle these themselves. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there,

I have a Model S (Ludicrous Mode) that I purchased almost three years ago. It is coming close to its MOT date. I wanted to find out if people have any recommendations. I am based in North London. I already spoke with Tesla and seems like they do not handle these themselves. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Clevely every time. Bit of a drive for you maybe, but you could also get them to do a brake service at the same time.

Thanks very much for the quick response. Cleevely is only 2.5 hours drive from my place :) so I was wondering if anyone knows of a reliable garage in London. Otherwise, I might have to give that a shot.

I've used Apsley MOTs near Hemel Hempstead for the past two years. It's not a fancy place, but convenient for me and I've had two passes.
I've taken the MOT guide from Tesla website as a print out to help them with the settings, but they are getting (more) familiar with Teslas

Ideally you want a HEVRA garage that does MOTs for vans as well as they have the bigger lifts.

I went looking for one for when fatty needed an MOT last year. Takes a while to scroll through the HEVRA places and find one that has the magic combination.

Reactions: zur48
Tesla has been around for a while to surprising we still have these issues

Was the first MS that that Halfords had done (it was a while back), so I guess they didn't realise it wasn't going to fit until they lined it up.

The daft thing, as far as I'm concerned, was that they were not allowed to use any of their other lifts at that site (for MOT work), all of which were big enough ...

The daft thing, as far as I'm concerned, was that they were not allowed to use any of their other lifts at that site (for MOT work), all of which were big enough .
Were their other lifts 4 post as well, i.e.lifts from the tyres, not the jacking points?

MOT can only be done on a 4 post lift and for cars, must be either class 4 or 7 approved. Class 7 is for cars longer than 5.2m IIRC and I suspect there are weight restrictions too.

Reactions: WannabeOwner