Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can send me your name and email address via pm i’ll send over a referral for DCU. Same for anyone else. Please just use them as your actual,lender versus use it as leverage to get Tesla lenders to drop their rates. DCU has been very good to me and financed both our Tesla’s at amazing rates. To further clarify amazing, 1.24% on our Y financed in May 2021 and 1.49% for our used S back in December of 2016.
Are they your primary bank, or do you just use them for the auto financing?

Small tip if you are taking loan from DCU.
sign eSign documents from DCU 3 or 4 days before taking delivery.
Your interest starts accumulating from the day you sign these documents.
I signed documents on 7/19, and got check by 7/20.
I am taking delivery on 7/30, so I am paying 10 days interest without car.
May be its not much.. but just a thought.

They are pretty fast in sending check overnight.

Small tip if you are taking loan from DCU.
sign eSign documents from DCU 3 or 4 days before taking delivery.
Your interest starts accumulating from the day you sign these documents.
I signed documents on 7/19, and got check by 7/20.
I am taking delivery on 7/30, so I am paying 10 days interest without car.
May be its not much.. but just a thought.

They are pretty fast in sending check overnight.
I would just finance with Tesla and then Re-Fi into DCU. Makes the process so much easier dealing with Tesla Financing to execute the purchase.

You can send me your name and email address via pm i’ll send over a referral for DCU. Same for anyone else. Please just use them as your actual,lender versus use it as leverage to get Tesla lenders to drop their rates. DCU has been very good to me and financed both our Tesla’s at amazing rates. To further clarify amazing, 1.24% on our Y financed in May 2021 and 1.49% for our used S back in December of 2016.
Is it possible if I can get referrals as well? Thank you

I am a new member and I can't PM. Is there another way to get you my contact info ? Id like to see what rates DCU has to offer. Thank you.

That is true if you don't plan on putting any significant down payment into the transaction.

Alternatively when you re-fi you can re-fi for 110% the amount of the car, and pay yourself back the taxes and fees you paid out of pocket. ;)
I might have to look into DCU.. With $0 down, Tesla's financing Well's Fargo approved me for 2.49% 60mo and I'm only responsible for NY taxes and fees of $4770. I would much rather put that money towards PPF or something.

Anyone approved by DCU with $0 down?

Oh great. How does it work exactly? Should I wait until I receive the VIN or delivery date? Since Tesla doesn't offer 65mo financing, Tesla would rate match and extend the terms to 72mo?

Also, would it hinder the EDD if I change to third party financing?

Thanks!
Do you have DCU account already?
If you already have an account its pretty easy process.

Wait for VIN as soon as you get it apply for loan online, you will get an email to upload MVPA.
Make sure MVPA has DCU as financing company,after uploading call them immediately, there will be lot of waiting.

Once you talk to them they will send you documents through DocuSign to sign them. During the call let them know you want check to be delivered to you but not to Tesla. Also let them know to add RN number or VIN number on the check.
Make sure document has 1.24 as interest.
Once you sign it they will send check to you overnight.

Only issue is calling them other than that its a smooth process.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Wait for VIN as soon as you get it apply for loan online, you will get an email to upload MVPA.
Make sure MVPA has DCU as financing company,after uploading call them immediately, there will be lot of waiting.

Once you talk to them they will send you documents through DocuSign to sign them. During the call let them know you want check to be delivered to you but not to Tesla. Also let them know to add RN number or VIN number on the check.

Do you have to be in a certain state to use DCU? I am in NY; any chance you could refer me? Michael Zona, [email protected]. Thank you!

Thank you for this information! I do not have an account yet and not sure what qualifications are needed to open an account with DCU. Do I need a referral or something?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.