TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Best iPhone Lightining Dock Extender?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Mickie, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Mickie

Mickie Member

Anyone have a brand they like or have had luck with as far as integration and durability? I'm using an Otterbox Symmetry Series case on my iPhone 7 and need just a slight extension of the charge dock to render my dock actually useful. I'm considering this but would like to know what you guys are having success with. Thanks!

2. Mickie

Mickie Member

Should add I did a search and found projects that people did, as in modifying the plug's harness. Was just wondering if something easier and "plug and play" came along.

3. Homekeys

Homekeys Member

i just cut some of the plastic off at the stress relief point where the lightning cable goes up into the holder. this let the plug go further into the holder and then i slid a tooth pick under it. it is working a treat and required no modification to the holder itself keeping it good to go for when Apple moves to USB C... All i will need to replace is the cord.