Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Option for Swapping MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased a MYP 4 months ago (white with black interior) and decided to swap it for a white with white interior which I also had on order and is scheduled for delivery in 2 weeks. Financed with DCU. Whats the best way to go about this? Should I sell current car to Carmax or CarbuyerUSA and just apply for new loan with DCU? Is trade-in with Tesla a possibility? Trying to figure how to do this as smoothly as possible but have never done this before, so all feedback is welcome....

Purchased a MYP 4 months ago (white with black interior) and decided to swap it for a white with white interior which I also had on order and is scheduled for delivery in 2 weeks. Financed with DCU. Whats the best way to go about this? Should I sell current car to Carmax or CarbuyerUSA and just apply for new loan with DCU? Is trade-in with Tesla a possibility? Trying to figure how to do this as smoothly as possible but have never done this before, so all feedback is welcome....

Your thread title says "swapping" but all you are actually proposing doing is selling a car with a loan on it, and buying another one. Have you never sold a car with a loan on it / traded in a car before?

By just thinking about paying twice sale taxes, I think it would be simpler to buy some $200 white seat covers