Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best phone mount for Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay cheers, thought it might be along those lines. Speed trap warning sounds useful, but the rest I can easily live without so I guess I won't be needing a phone bracket, lol! Makes you think a Waze App for Tesla would be a nice touch as it seems ridiculous having a 17" touchscreen with a cell phone bodged onto the dash!
I use it most in places I'm familiar since it is really quick to provide detours in the event of collisions or other numbskull things the local drivers here do.

Reactions: P85_DA
I like my proclip dash mount. I don’t have a picture but they have pictures on the proclip site. The only downside is that it partially blocks the ac vent, but I am fine with it. It is super sturdy, can be removed cleanly, and is at a good height/angle
I like the pro clip mount, but wish the phone mount was adjustable for different size phones as my I have an iPhone X and my wife has an 8 Plus.

They make or did last time I shopped an adjustable phone end to the vehicle mount
Sorry for the thread ressurection, but I'm looking at something similar.

I want my phone and my wife's phone to both fit. I like the Brodit solutions as they seem to have several solutions for all my current cars.
The only problem is that even their universal/adjustable mount requires a screwdriver, so no on-the-go adjustments.

Anyone any thoughts?

I want my phone and my wife's phone to both fit. I like the Brodit solutions as they seem to have several solutions for all my current cars.
The only problem is that even their universal/adjustable mount requires a screwdriver, so no on-the-go adjustments.

Anyone any thoughts?
I've currently got a windshield suction mount that springs onto the phone when you press the phone against the back out the mount's phone holder, to release you squeeze two grips, holds my Note 9 and looks like it'd hold a smaller iPhone.

Anyone any thoughts?

I’ve had a couple of these, love the brand. https://amzn.to/2KcnBgz

The capturing arms are spring mounted so they fit a wide variety of phone brands and sizes. No tools needed,

Press your phone against the back of the holder and the springs release - tightening onto your phone. Three capturing arms - one on each side and one on the bottom. The bottom holder is a fixed position. In my previous two models, you press a small button on the side and the side capture arms retract away from the phone.

Been using the brand for years and none of my phones have ever fallen out of he holder.

All my phones have been “wired”, so I have to use the old style holders. If you have a newer model you will want to check out their wireless charging versions. Looks like everyone is going to this technology so phone size will be less of an issue as the manufacturers begin using magnetic capture units.

Hope that helps.

• Helpful
Reactions: BoerumHill
I’ve had a couple of these, love the brand. https://amzn.to/2KcnBgz

The capturing arms are spring mounted so they fit a wide variety of phone brands and sizes. No tools needed,

Press your phone against the back of the holder and the springs release - tightening onto your phone. Three capturing arms - one on each side and one on the bottom. The bottom holder is a fixed position. In my previous two models, you press a small button on the side and the side capture arms retract away from the phone.

Been using the brand for years and none of my phones have ever fallen out of he holder.

All my phones have been “wired”, so I have to use the old style holders. If you have a newer model you will want to check out their wireless charging versions. Looks like everyone is going to this technology so phone size will be less of an issue as the manufacturers begin using magnetic capture units.

Hope that helps.
Yes this is the exact one I was describing