Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Price Tyres M3P+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving back from work in the dark last week - bang, bang, both near side wheels hit what I later saw in the light was a rather large pothole. Front has needed inflating once, rear is losing >5 psi a day.

I usually mail order tyres and get them fitted locally. I’ve seen non acoustic lined for £160 and the acoustic liner ones for £200.

Any thoughts?

Driving back from work in the dark last week - bang, bang, both near side wheels hit what I later saw in the light was a rather large pothole. Front has needed inflating once, rear is losing >5 psi a day.

I usually mail order tyres and get them fitted locally. I’ve seen non acoustic lined for £160 and the acoustic liner ones for £200.

Any thoughts?

Gives you a sick feeling when that happens. Check the sidewalls on inside and outside as that is frequently where the damage is after a pothole incident. If there's sidewall damage then best not to drive or only very very low speed driving until they are fixed. Fingers crossed that the wheels haven't been knocked out of round or a lip on the edge allowing air out. It often doesn't take much to deform an alloy wheel.

Reactions: Rooster6655

Any thoughts?

Probably worth getting the alloys checked incase its damaged somewhere

Check Costco out, they were £180ish fitted for acoustic when I asked a while ago and they sometimes have offers like £100 of 4 plus if you would use them for other things they offer a premium membership which offers 2% back at the end of the year

I didn't need tyres after all :(

Are these fixable?
IMG_1370.JPEG
IMG_1372.JPEG