Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best rim installation vendor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I'm likely buying rims 3rd party and will need installation in the coming weeks and was wondering if a certain vendor (Tesla Service, Discount Tire, Tire Barn, etc) has the best value for this simple service.

I know some places probably mark-up for Tesla vehicles and was wondering who you've found to be best here.

Thanks so much!

Nationwide chains (or even local chains) are dependent on the people working at them to do a good job. Your best bet is to look at reviews on Google and Yelp to make a decision.

Some of the mobile tire services have a good reputation as they typically cater to well-off people who don't have the time to take their car to a shop, or don't want to trust someone driving it into the bay.

Tire Rack also has a list of installers that you can reference, even if you don't buy tires from them.

Finding a shop that has a Hunter balancer with roadforce balancing is a nice thing, though it is still important to have a good tech doing the job. It's a starting point though, and how I found my last shop: Road Force® Locator | Hunter Engineering Company®