Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Song for Premium Audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the great things about the model 3 sound system is how well is does across a wide variety of music, so it is hard to pick just one song to be the test track. It deserves to have a variety of things played through it.

With that said, here are a bunch of remix tracks I like to play in the car:

Last edited:
Reactions: M109Rider
I am mindful of the comments in this thread saying people are posting personal interests (instead of just sound system test material) and overly "bombastic" tracks, so I apologize if I just did more of the same.

I think the best test is “Please Don't Ask About Barbara” by Bobby Vee. 1959, I believe. I only have the mono version but some of my friends have said the stereo one is just nuts good.

there is a big argument for using songs from the 60s and 70s for system tests The 80s and 90s are so full of these analogue effects, half of the time you don't really know if the smeary bass is caused by the cars sound system being shitty or by the engineer just applying reverb to bass because he can..........There's some good rock songs from the early 90s but particularly in the latter part people did the same thing as in the 80s and applied too many effects.

there is a big argument for using songs from the 60s and 70s for system tests The 80s and 90s are so full of these analogue effects, half of the time you don't really know if the smeary bass is caused by the cars sound system being shitty or by the engineer just applying reverb to bass because he can..........There's some good rock songs from the early 90s but particularly in the latter part people did the same thing as in the 80s and applied too many effects.

back in the day I used to carry around a half speed master copy of the Yes album ‘Turn of the Century’ when checking out, admittedly most only moderately good, systems. But, it could be very revealing.

What really matters is the music you want to play, not some old "pure" test track that proves something about what the system is capable of doing.

So if all the modern material of interest is somehow compromised, good to know how well the system is able to salvage what it can from it.

Reactions: byeLT4 and ralph142
I think myself to be somewhat of an audiophile ... It has a great soundstage and the dynamic range and sonics are above average.

The specific songs that I enjoy:

(Why) Worry by Dire Straits (great guitar)

Anything ....

Anything ?, ah, No.

But I made a playlist from many of the songs from this thread (except Rap ones) which cost me $30 on Amazon for the ones I didn’t already have. Then driving the M3 while listening to the playlist. Wow. The Dire Straits “Why Worry” and Rascal Flatts “Life is a Highway” were special in the car.

So a double recommendation for those.

Thanks everybody!

Reactions: MOBB