Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Song for Premium Audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it's got a great premium sound system but it's ridiculous to ask anyone which song is the best to show it off. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The same thing applies to music and sound. For every listener, you'll get a different answer. I'm a photographer and I think this question is just as stupid as asking me what my favorite f-stop is.

I regularly use The Longest Wave by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Some systems have a hard time reproducing the bass guitar notes clearly.

Another one I like to use is Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit

These two songs heavily swayed my decision in picking my current VW GTI with the Fender system over the BMW F30 with Harman/Kardon system when I was last car shopping.

I tried both these songs in the VW ID.4, and the ID.4's sound system is absolutely abysmal. Tried it in my friend's 2021 LR Model 3 and both sounded excellent, I do wish there was a deeper bass guitar note in the Model 3, but it sounded "cleaner" (crispier maybe a better word?) than the Fender system in my VW.

Reactions: byeLT4
Yes it's got a great premium sound system but it's ridiculous to ask anyone which song is the best to show it off. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The same thing applies to music and sound. For every listener, you'll get a different answer. I'm a photographer and I think this question is just as stupid as asking me what my favorite f-stop is.
Of course there won't be a "right" answer. This was meant for people to share their opinion and maybe find something that interests them.

Thanks for your thoughts, maybe you should f-stop reading this thread then.

And so what is your favorite f-stop? :)
I'm an amateur photographer so I am not allowed to reveal mine. :(
I understand your point.

Reactions: 1.21GW
After I'd had mine for several days, I really wanted to audition the audio system, so I ripped some lossless audio to get the best possible source.

I wanted some music that was sonically really full, lots of dynamic shifts, really immersive beats so I used Massive Attack - Mezzanine and Portishead - Dummy

Hahahaha, I was just sitting the car, in the garage, seat laid back, pretty f-ing fantastic. When I was young ~n~ dumb, and had dropped a ton of money of audio gear, I had a dedicated listening room (er, which was kind of my only room :D), now the AV gear is just that, audio, TV, big room without any real acoustic "tuning", so the Tesla is my new listening room :D

After I'd had mine for several days, I really wanted to audition the audio system, so I ripped some lossless audio to get the best possible source.

I wanted some music that was sonically really full, lots of dynamic shifts, really immersive beats so I used Massive Attack - Mezzanine and Portishead - Dummy

Hahahaha, I was just sitting the car, in the garage, seat laid back, pretty f-ing fantastic. When I was young ~n~ dumb, and had dropped a ton of money of audio gear, I had a dedicated listening room (er, which was kind of my only room :D), now the AV gear is just that, audio, TV, big room without any real acoustic "tuning", so the Tesla is my new listening room :D
Great taste in Music. These guys are local bands for me here in Bristol, UK, and those tracks are superb listening.