Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best tire for 21's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be installing 21's on my 60, going from 19's and aside from handling and wear looking for the smoothest tire with the least noise. The tire rack says either the oem conti's or Michelin ps2. Is there anyone that has the Michelin and how is the noise. I realize that are very expensive but would install them if they are the best for minimal noise.

I will be installing 21's on my 60, going from 19's and aside from handling and wear looking for the smoothest tire with the least noise. The tire rack says either the oem conti's or Michelin ps2. Is there anyone that has the Michelin and how is the noise. I realize that are very expensive but would install them if they are the best for minimal noise.

Conti DWs are definitely quieter than the PS2s but most likely the DWs will still be louder than the 19" tires (not sure about Goodyear's but I hear the Primacy tires are quieter than all the 21" options).

Road noise is pretty close between the two. Read the results of our "head to head" test here !

ps2.jpg

I notice that no one mentions Pirelli P Zero Nero 21's, is this not a good option

I replaced my Conti's with the P Zero Nero and will likely go back to the Conti's when these wear out. The reason is that the Nero's are a high perf all season tire and I have noticed an increase in my Wh/m with them compared to the Conti's (I know it is a N=1 and ancedotal observation). They do well in the wet NW weather and are not too loud. I use 19" snow tires during the winter so I think I want to go back to high perf summers on the 21".

I replaced my Conti's with the P Zero Nero and will likely go back to the Conti's when these wear out. The reason is that the Nero's are a high perf all season tire and I have noticed an increase in my Wh/m with them compared to the Conti's (I know it is a N=1 and ancedotal observation). They do well in the wet NW weather and are not too loud. I use 19" snow tires during the winter so I think I want to go back to high perf summers on the 21".

I'm confused. Tire Rack does not list a 21" size for the Zero Nero all season tire.