Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

best tire for Tesla model X 90D winter ukraine " bad roads "?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
best tire for Tesla model X 90D for winter >>
and we are lining in ukraine ( and the road is bad in ukraine ) it's better to have winter tire

1- what best brand for winter tire

2- what the best size
front and rear the same 275/45R20

or

front 265/45R20
rear 275/45R20

I’ve ordered 19” winter tires. In the USA tirerack.com offers two different options the front/rear 20” where front rear sizes are slightly different, and a 19” set where all 4 are the same. I went with 19” as I live in the country where although the roads are paved, there are potholes, and smaller rims manage better on rough roads in my opinion.

I’ve ordered 19” winter tires. In the USA tirerack.com offers two different options the front/rear 20” where front rear sizes are slightly different, and a 19” set where all 4 are the same. I went with 19” as I live in the country where although the roads are paved, there are potholes, and smaller rims manage better on rough roads in my opinion.

I’m in the UK and want to put on 19” wheels with winter tyres (current setup is the 20” with wider rear tyres) on my new Raven X LR. What rim width did you get for the 19” wheels and what tyre size please?
Narrower wheels with higher profile tyres are much better in snow than large wheels with low profile.
Thanks
Tony

I’m in the UK and want to put on 19” wheels with winter tyres (current setup is the 20” with wider rear tyres) on my new Raven X LR. What rim width did you get for the 19” wheels and what tyre size please?
Narrower wheels with higher profile tyres are much better in snow than large wheels with low profile.
Thanks
Tony

Just look at the Specs in the Tesla online shop for the 19” Snow tire package for Model X.

If you have AWD and good snow tires, the difference in widths (that meet all other tire specs) will be negligible.

And in some situations, wider can be better. Like on Ice or Packed snow. Wider tire has more grip, just like it does on pavement. Especially the way studless Ice grip tires work these days. If snow is soft, a narrow tire can dig better.

• Informative
Reactions: Tonybvi
So I no longer live in a place that operates when it snows (In NC, we just close up shop and let it melt) but Blizzak's were my favorite.

I would get 'snow rims' that were just ugly ass black metal rims, but this was on an AWD ICE car. But I'd get a rim size smaller than I normally drove as well. So if on 20s, i'd get 19s with bigger tires. Tire Rack had packages you could buy that just came with it all and I swapped tires in November and March every year.

There might be better options for EV that are more aerodynamic than the basic black heavy metal rims i was using now, but that was the best way I could do it. I would write down starting/ending and what wheel with a grease pen inside the wheel so I'd remember what was what the next year.