Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best tires for 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The time has come to replace my tires. 2022 MYLR with 20" Inductions. I swapped the OEM tires for 255/45R20 Vredestein Quatrac Pro tires and got about 35K of use out of them. I live in Denver so I need something that can handle reasonable snow - the Quatracs did this very well. Also not opposed to replacing with the same tire, though I see that the Quatrac Pro's have been replaced with the Quatrac Pro+ which are too new to be reviewed on Discount Tire. So, the options I'm considering are:

1. 255/45R20 Vredestein Quatrac Pro+
  2. 255/45R20 Pirelli Scorpion Weatheractive
  3. 255/45R20 Michelin Crossclimate 2
  4. 255/45R20 Nokian Remedy WRG5
Interested in opinions or reviews of these three, or if you have any alternate recommendations. I am prioritizing all season capability over EV tuned tires. Looked at and decided against Kumho Crugen HP71, Bridgestone Turanza EV, Conti Crosscontact RX, Michelin Primacy Tour A/S, Goodyear Eagle Touring, Falken Aklimate due to capability and/or price.

Are there other options I should consider not listed here? Thanks!

The best all season tire for these cars driving year round in our area isn't on your list: Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06+

Do some searches here and you find lots of good info. Don't trust the online tire reviews. I found them to be wholly inaccurate to reality, especially in the Colorado winters.

Reactions: TesraY
I recently replaced Cross Climate2s with Hankook Ion Evo All Seasons (2018 M3 RWD, SF Bay Area). As the Cross Climates wore, they got loud, made me think the car had winter tires on it in summer. So much so that I replaced them well before the tread got down to the wear bars. The Hankooks are unmistakably quieter, so much so that I am no longer tempted by a Highland. I can't compare the tires in wet or cold conditions.

I recently replaced Cross Climate2s with Hankook Ion Evo All Seasons (2018 M3 RWD, SF Bay Area). As the Cross Climates wore, they got loud, made me think the car had winter tires on it in summer. So much so that I replaced them well before the tread got down to the wear bars. The Hankooks are unmistakably quieter, so much so that I am no longer tempted by a Highland. I can't compare the tires in wet or cold conditions.
I also just replaced my Y's Conti's (21k at 3 years) with the Hankook's and it was noticeably quieter and a bit more forgiving over small road imperfections even with higher PSI (45 vs 42). I thought it might've been due to older tires but I then drove my wife's 3 with the same Conti's with less than 5k and the Hankook's are definitely quieter. The true test however is when the wet comes though so I'll reserve judgement til then but so far I'm pretty impressed that I don't have to crank up my radio to listen to sports talk.

Reactions: DrDiesel1
Not to get off subject but .. .. ..
I noticed that when I had new tires put on, that there were no tape weights on the inside of the rim - only on the outside. Is this a new standard? Even the OEM tires and wheels didn't have any on the inside. When I used to balance tires - the machine would tell you how much weight to put on the inside AND the outside. If you weren't happy with the amount of weights (IE: too much weight,) you could "match balance" the tires by rotating the tire on the rim by a specific amount (which the machine would tell you) and then balance it again. What am I missing?
Could someone chime in here?

I noticed that when I had new tires put on, that there were no tape weights on the inside of the rim - only on the outside. Is this a new standard? Even the OEM tires and wheels didn't have any on the inside. When I used to balance tires - the machine would tell you how much weight to put on the inside AND the outside. If you weren't happy with the amount of weights (IE: too much weight,) you could "match balance" the tires by rotating the tire on the rim by a specific amount (which the machine would tell you) and then balance it again. What am I missing?

Maybe because they are so low profile? I am pretty used to paying attention to weights on my 4Runner (Mickey Thompson ATZ, now MTZ) as I lose weights when offroading more aggressively. These 255 45s are the lowest profile tires I have ever had. I wish they offered an 18" wheel but looks count for everything, lol.

I ordered the Hankook Ion Evo All Seasons tires from Amazon, drop shipped to the local tire place and had them installed. So much quieter than the Contis and after driving them to 6000 miles, the efficiency is also better have been in the 215 to 225 Wh/mi range for the last two months of mix driving. The other reason to getting these was the 50k mile warranty

I ordered the Hankook Ion Evo All Seasons tires from Amazon, drop shipped to the local tire place and had them installed. So much quieter than the Contis and after driving them to 6000 miles, the efficiency is also better have been in the 215 to 225 Wh/mi range for the last two months of mix driving. The other reason to getting these was the 50k mile warranty
How has it been in the rain and snow compared to the conti's for you?

Depends on how the tech set the machine up to balance

I also just replaced my Y's Conti's (21k at 3 years) with the Hankook's and it was noticeably quieter and a bit more forgiving over small road imperfections even with higher PSI (45 vs 42). I thought it might've been due to older tires but I then drove my wife's 3 with the same Conti's with less than 5k and the Hankook's are definitely quieter. The true test however is when the wet comes though so I'll reserve judgement til then but so far I'm pretty impressed that I don't have to crank up my radio to listen to sports talk.
Just wanted to add on that my wife texted me that she caught herself driving 80 today on the Hankooks, said it was so much more quieter than the Conti's that she didn't realize she was going so fast.

Reactions: DrDiesel1
Your tech may have static balanced them rather than dynamic. There's a chance one or two wheels only need weight on one plane, but it's unlikely that all four are like that. They might roll "fine" but you'd notice at very high speeds, like 70/80/90+.