Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Wishes and Good Luck to All!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just clicked on "Cancel My Reservation" for reasons discussed on more than one thread here. Sincere good luck and best wishes to those who hang in there. Maybe next purchase cycle for me, but meanwhile, I'll make do for another few years with a new ICE vehicle while Tesla establishes some quality track record with M3. Enjoyed much of the reading and chat...many smart and nice folks here....a few others best described with a few initials, but such is the internet. Many happy miles and years to all! :)

Reactions: CTreast
@Sportstick's Reservation was born on April 5th, 2016 in Las Vegas. As an only child with no current Tesla siblings he enjoyed posting the different Wheels threads. Not being a Tesla employee eventually contributed to his reservations death on Monday. He will be missed. RIP @Sportstick's reservation April 5th 2016 - November 6th 2017

Enjoy your new ICEV OP. If our government incentive in Ontario is cancelled, I will surely consider picking up a good deal on an Accord Touring 2.0 10-speed AT. I may have to pay for gasoline and contribute to some tailpipe emissions but at half the price, my bank account will likely thank me.

Having three dependable cars in my household (Honda's and Toyota's) that are fully paid or being financed does help contribute to my relentless patience with Tesla but if either of the two things are gone, I may not be as patient. Hopefully Tesla's management knows this. Not everyone is given a silver platter and not everyone is invested in TSLA common shares or bonds.
  1. government incentive gone
  2. 250 mile or more BEV with AWD comes out

That’s to bad. I understand though. What r u buying? I’m not canceling but if I had to pick an ice car I’d probably look at Audi 3 series for a lease. Never want to own an Audi, BMW or MB outside of warranty.

That’s to bad. I understand though. What r u buying? I’m not canceling but if I had to pick an ice car I’d probably look at Audi 3 series for a lease. Never want to own an Audi, BMW or MB outside of warranty.

We have an '16 Audi A6 3.0T (my wife's - mistake/never again VW or Audi), a '15 BMW 2 Series (mine-outstanding/bulletproof so far, with 7/70 BMW warranty - manual trans...a keeper!), a '15 Subaru (winter!) and an '09 Jeep...all in Michigan. Need something at place out west. Bouncing back and forth between rational and emotional.....Volvo XC60 or Kia Stinger (rear wheel drive of course!) instead of waiting for M3. BTW, for those who are still in line...please enjoy one car earlier as Ex-Bimmer noted! :D

BTW, before A6, she had an '08 MB350...eight years, much time past warranty, but was also very highly reliable...wonderful car...until it was totaled.

And, just saw new message pop-in....yes, this M3 story is far too interesting not to keep reading and hoping for a lot of "happy endings"! ;)

Last edited:
We have an '16 Audi A6 3.0T (my wife's - mistake/never again VW or Audi), a '15 BMW 2 Series (mine-outstanding/bulletproof so far, with 7/70 BMW warranty - manual trans...a keeper!), a '15 Subaru (winter!) and an '09 Jeep...all in Michigan. Need something at place out west. Bouncing back and forth between rational and emotional.....Volvo XC60 or Kia Stinger (rear wheel drive of course!) instead of waiting for M3. BTW, for those who are still in line...please enjoy one car earlier as Ex-Bimmer noted! :D

BTW, before A6, she had an '08 MB350...eight years, much time past warranty, but was also very highly reliable...wonderful car...until it was totaled.

And, just saw new message pop-in....yes, this M3 story is far too interesting not to keep reading and hoping for a lot of "happy endings"! ;)
get the Volvo, safest cars on the road

Not to be a pill, but I'm pretty low on tact these days.

So here goes: Have you considered the planetary-scale consequences of your decision? Seriously. We have oh so many grossly ill-informed people, some in very high places, that have absolutely no clue about the consequences of pulling up to a gas pump and buying gas, which then gets turned into GHG's. (Or they just don't give a s**t because their pockets are lined by the fossil-fuel industry.)

The most recent National Climate Assessment report just came out last week, and it's pretty damning, but what is worse is the response from the head of the EPA:

Trump administration releases report finding ‘no convincing alternative explanation’ for climate change

Exclusive: EPA's Pruitt vows to continue rolling back rules despite alarming climate report

So my questions is: Why not get your reservation back and be a part of the solution? Who cares about a 3-month delay given the scale of the problem?

So let me be straight up: Knowing what you know, or should know, if you want to look your children and grandchildren in the eye, how can you buy another ICE vehicle?

"Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want."
--Anna Lappe

Why not vote for leaving a usable planet?

Thanks.

p.s. Elon has stated the scale of the issue quite clearly: Even if we were to magically flip a switch and convert 100% of global car and truck production to EV's tomorrow (about 95 million per year), it would STILL TAKE 20 YEARS to replace the current global vehicle fleet. Our planet does not have that kind of time. Now, more than ever, we need individual leadership. Where is yours?