Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware EV's Republic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EV's Republic, Rancho Cordova, California. My in person visit. Three attendants at their desks behind computers. I talked about a future battery replacement for my 2016 Model S. One aspect of the conversation threw up a red flag. We could not agree on battery range for the replacement 90-kilowatt hour high voltage battery.
He insisted I could expect over 330 miles with a replacement 90kwh battery.
I very much said "No way".
He then said, "look here", spun his monitor around to show me an instrument cluster photo. You see, 332 miles of IDEAL range.
I said "Jeeze, IDEAL range means nothing". (I recall just under 300 miles for the new 14 module "true" 90 kwh battery).
And with that, he looked back at his computer and our conversation was OVER.
So, was their sales pitch, slimy, or dishonest, or misleading, or perfectly honest? My thoughts were, if they deceive about range, what other scam-ets are they pulling?
And of course, I will not return to them when my high voltage battery dies.

Another recent MS owner who got a 90 kWh replacement pack from EV's Republic showed me screenshot of 328 miles at 100% SoC. Asked owner whether it was ideal or rated. More to follow.
I’ve called them
Before what I get from them is definitely not most transparent
But if you know what you want and avoid their warranty plans they may be okay
Especially operating in California they are going to little pricier then the other guys

Reactions: NV Ray