Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

big problem after Factory Reset

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning everyone. Week ago I didn't biggest mistake with my Tesla X 2018 75D - I did Factory reset....
I was unable to receive latest update over the air and by some recommendation I did factory reset. I lost all Tesla text file, including manual (just empty pages), I'm unable to keep my favorites, profile (seat & mirror position). After each reboot, OS is doing Factory Reset a few times. During the supercharge, system is also rebooting itself. If somebody has similar experience and able to fix it successfully, please help

At mean I need to replace computer memory. Is it RAM or hard drive? I'm not planning to fix myself, but for general Tesla education.

It would be the eMMC storage chip soldered on to the CPU daughtercard. But Tesla only does an entire MCU replacement. But that really shouldn't be an issue in a 2018 yet. So you just need to contact Tesla and let them diagnosis and fix it.

It would be the eMMC storage chip soldered on to the CPU daughtercard. But Tesla only does an entire MCU replacement. But that really shouldn't be an issue in a 2018 yet. So you just need to contact Tesla and let them diagnosis and fix it.
I already been in Tesla and they are unable to figure out what is going on. They tried to fix remotely 2 times(by pushing through the LTE 2019.12.1.1), but no luck to fix my issue. System was updated, but maybe partially.

I already been in Tesla and they are unable to figure out what is going on. They tried to fix remotely 2 times(by pushing through the LTE 2019.12.1.1), but no luck to fix my issue. System was updated, but maybe partially.

Personally, I would drop the car at the Service Center, tell them to fix it, and drive away in a loaner. "Unable to figure out what is going on" is not an acceptable answer.