Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why would bitcoin, which is pure speculation, keep rising, but Tesla, which has a growing and profitable business, tank? That doesn’t make any sense.

We're in the beginning months of the most recent halving, and bitcoin always goes parabolic when that happens before crashing.
Also, I admit that I'm a terrible market timer, so my prediction about TSLA crashing could be wrong. I just think bitcoin is a no-lose situation for me this year. At best, I can buy TSLA for a cheap price while by bitcoin investment exploded. At worst, my bitcoin investment goes up faster than TSLA.

Glad you figured out btc is just free money. Why are you bothering with TSLA anyways? BTC never crash. Nothing to worry about. With Tesla you have to deal with a weed smoking crazy Elon who from time to time talk *sugar* about his own stock.

Bitcoin will crash again, but 2021 will be the year of bitcoin.

• Funny
Reactions: rsm287
What if TSLA just consolidates at a certain price point for months, without any significant "crash" occurring?
(reference: this past year's chart)

What is the strategy then? Sell BTC and buy TSLA after taking the CapGains hit twice?

If TSLA consolidates without crashing, that also works for me.

I sold late last year and put them all into BTC. so far so good.

• Informative
Reactions: 2daMoon
We're in the beginning months of the most recent halving, and bitcoin always goes parabolic when that happens before crashing.
Also, I admit that I'm a terrible market timer, so my prediction about TSLA crashing could be wrong. I just think bitcoin is a no-lose situation for me this year. At best, I can buy TSLA for a cheap price while by bitcoin investment exploded. At worst, my bitcoin investment goes up faster than TSLA.

We all have our convictions and should invest accordingly. I'm a very conservative investor by nature. It's taken me a long time to just get to the point where an uncomfortable percentage of my portfolio is in TSLA. But I have conviction that the risk/reward tradeoff is by far the best out there.

Sounds like you have a strong conviction that bitcoin is going to continue to skyrocket. I share your belief that bitcoin will continue to rise. BUT, I also think the risk is much higher with bitcoin than with TSLA. But that's me. You have conviction; you should go heavy into bitcoin.

EDIT: Or what @Favguy just posted right above me.

So the 8+ disagrees I got on my post isn't proof that a lot of people on this thread are delusional?

Also, I did follow my own advice. My bitcoin investment is rising faster than TSLA. Looking forward to getting back in after the mega TSLA crash.

Bitcoin is gambling, not investing! Mega TSLA crash? I'll hold and wait and see, we are building out vast production capacity that will be very profitable.

Bitcoin? Well as far as I can tell, it's a whole lot of computers wasting vast amounts of electricity to calculate some numbers... you know, pretty much nothing at all! And wait until it threatens fiat currencies, if it ever does... See what happens then. ;)

Anyway, it's off topic, please take it to the "other investments" thread.

Last edited:

Before giving so much unsolicited advice to ppl here to put money into speculative not-an-asset/not-a currency/no-one-knows-what please assure us that you put all least single or better double digit millions into it so we know that you are a real deal.

Before giving so much unsolicited advice to ppl here to put money into speculative not-an-asset/not-a currency/no-one-knows-what please assure us that you put all least single or better double digit millions into it so we know that you are a real deal.

Not trying to give advice. People were asking why and I gave them an explanation.

In any case, I'm not expecting anyone to follow my moves. I knew I would get laughed at on this board, but we'll see later in this year if my strategy pans out.

You are most likely correct, but so many here believe that corrections don't exist.
A smarter play would be investing in bitcoin and then buying when TSLA crashes 50+%.

I said a correction is likely but that does not mean I'm selling any shares. I'm just saying there is a good money to be made without too much risk. The way the stock is behaving AH, the March 1500 calls will likely fetch you 15$ tomorrow. No matter what I just do not a scenario where TSLA is trading at 1500 in 2 months.

Also no bitcoin for me, so much speculation and pumping going on with that asset. TSLA right now is purely a function of demand and supply. So far I have not seen any signals to indicate a blow off the top. IMO this is benchmark FOMO(8T assets), all the shorts have left the building and probably locked away in their mom's basement without any internet.

So the 8+ disagrees I got on my post isn't proof that a lot of people on this thread are delusional?

Also, I did follow my own advice. My bitcoin investment is rising faster than TSLA. Looking forward to getting back in after the mega TSLA crash.

No, it’s not proof. News flash, people can disagree for many reasons. For instance, you automatically get a disagree from me regardless what you post now because based on your previous posts I think you’ve got an ulterior motive for being here. I don’t trust you and I’ve got an above average spidey sense when it comes to people.

More logically it’s stupid advice for a lot of investors. It can trigger an unwanted tax event. Most people suck at timing the market. The stock may not actually correct near as much as you claim because you don’t actually know.

There is no reason for any long term investors to sell TSLA now unless they need cash. Day and other short term traders or option gamblers are on their own as far as I’m concerned.

I’ve been here long enough to have seen literally dozens of people like you stomp on in here, proclaim some all-knowing bs about what the SP and stock market are going to do, beat their chests if they get it right a time or two, but eventually all slink off never to be seen again when they’re shown to be no more accurate than a coin toss. Unfortunately, they also tend to leave behind a trail of upset investors, who believed them.

Yes, but it will crash when it reaches 200+K this cycle.
Short term fluctuations mean nothing to the majority of investors here because they hold their core shares (a number have some mad money shares they play with). As long as Tesla keeps executing the plan, the shares will rise accordingly over time. You sell if you need some eat'n money or have a project that you don't want to borrow funds to accomplish.

No, it’s not proof. News flash, people can disagree for many reasons. For instance, you automatically get a disagree from me regardless what you post now because based on your previous posts I think you’ve got an ulterior motive for being here. I don’t trust you and I’ve got an above average spidey sense when it comes to people.

More logically it’s stupid advice for a lot of investors. It can trigger an unwanted tax event. Most people suck at timing the market. The stock may not actually correct near as much as you claim because you don’t actually know.

There is no reason for any long term investors to sell TSLA now unless they need cash. Day and other short term traders or option gamblers are on their own as far as I’m concerned.

I’ve been here long enough to have seen literally dozens of people like you stomp on in here, proclaim some all-knowing bs about what the SP and stock market are going to do, beat their chests if they get it right a time or two, but eventually all slink off never to be seen again when they’re shown to be no more accurate than a coin toss. Unfortunately, they also tend to leave behind a trail of upset investors, who believed them.

Can't wait to revisit this post later this year.

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
I admit, I am in the, wow this is complicated camp.

Anyone out there know if there is a stock you can buy AND hold in your RRSP/TFSA (Canadian here). ?

QBTC and BTCG are both Canadian funds and are eligible to be held in RRSP/TFSA. They are closed funds though so you have to watch the premium to NAV. QBTC is better in that regard and appears to now be adding more shares daily at the discretion of the fund manager in order to keep the premium in check. That being said if you wanted to buy in the last Week or so you are generally looking at paying a premium of anywhere from 12 - 20+ % of NAV.