Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think kW is just an easier and more logical way to think and compare.

There are so many small variables that only a true side by side works well. And a 100% functioning supercharger is critical.

At both tests, I was the only one charging. Both tests were done at the Lier supercharger. The temperatures were about the same. In both cases, I have driven the car for a while so the battery had good working temperature. In both cases I didn't drive fast like I did in Germany, so heat should not have been an issue at all. However, they were not done side by side on each charger. They were done about 1-2 months apart.

There's a small detail I left out. On the P85, the car calculates typical to 185 Wh/km. Whereas in the S60, typical range is 205 Wh/km. That's a 10 % difference. So in hindsight I see that I should have compared the kW rather than the range.

Bjorn,

As everyone else, I thoroughly enjoy your videos. I agree with everyone else that you deserve to be awarded for your work and dedication! Tesla Motors, Nimber, the EV community and the country of Norway all benefit from your videos. Its a wonderful hobby, and you enjoy doing it, so keep it up! We are always hungry for more :smile:

I also like your short educational videos. On that note, would you mind doing one regarding the charging of the model S. I see in your videos you have your frunk full of adapters and cables and what not, could you make a videos to cover everything you know about charging, all difficulties and challenges you have encountered during your nearly 85000km all over Europe. Charging types, currents, 13A, 16A, 32A, charging rates, AC, dual chargers, DC, Type 2, blue socket, red socket, CHAdeMO, and more! :smile:

Thanks in advance,

Jordan.

Bjorn,

As everyone else, I thoroughly enjoy your videos. I agree with everyone else that you deserve to be awarded for your work and dedication! Tesla Motors, Nimber, the EV community and the country of Norway all benefit from your videos. Its a wonderful hobby, and you enjoy doing it, so keep it up! We are always hungry for more :smile:

I also like your short educational videos. On that note, would you mind doing one regarding the charging of the model S. I see in your videos you have your frunk full of adapters and cables and what not, could you make a videos to cover everything you know about charging, all difficulties and challenges you have encountered during your nearly 85000km all over Europe. Charging types, currents, 13A, 16A, 32A, charging rates, AC, dual chargers, DC, Type 2, blue socket, red socket, CHAdeMO, and more! :smile:

Thanks in advance,

Jordan.
Thank you for the feedback :) I will make a separate video about charging.

At both tests, I was the only one charging. Both tests were done at the Lier supercharger. The temperatures were about the same. In both cases, I have driven the car for a while so the battery had good working temperature. In both cases I didn't drive fast like I did in Germany, so heat should not have been an issue at all. However, they were not done side by side on each charger. They were done about 1-2 months apart.

There's a small detail I left out. On the P85, the car calculates typical to 185 Wh/km. Whereas in the S60, typical range is 205 Wh/km. That's a 10 % difference. So in hindsight I see that I should have compared the kW rather than the range.

Did you happen to check to see if the 60 had an A battery?

Bjorn - you sounded very surprised that the 60 performed nearly as well as the 85. I have plenty of power but I don't need the speeding tickets the P85 would get. Unfortunately you compared the range/usability of the 60 to the Leaf. The difference between the Leaf's 75 miles vs the 60's range of 205 is significant. I have been very happy with my 60 and feel it is definitely a worthy EV. I'm not worried about long trips now that the Superchargers are multiplying and I'm okay with a little longer charge time. Your needs are certainly different with all the road trips you do. I enjoy watching your videos, even more now since I visited Norway in July. Beautiful country.

Bjorn, I love your "Listen to this: [accelerates your Volvo V40... hear an engine sound] That's the sound of the past"

LOL.

Your video is my nightmare. Wondering when my 12V battery will decide to malfunction. Luckily it didn't happen earlier in the week, when I was driving in the middle of the 50mi stretch of unpaved Soda Lake Road in Califonia's Carrizo Plain National Monument, with a lifeless gray landscape more like Mars or the Moon, so far away from civilization there were no cell towers so my 17" google map navigation stopped displaying a map. I was kinda worried that the car would decide to play tricks right then and there but everything worked out!

I am repeating what I was told on the factory tour when I picked up my car from a Tesla spokesperson in early 2013. I think he knew what he was talking about.

Perhaps they are a little lighter. Never seen that fact (nor ever really read the manual in any detail). This is the only manual reference I found from an online version. which really does not clear up the question:
weight.jpg

Someone weighed them and they are lighter. Your repeating someones guess that got out of hand. Safety tests do not have to be redone because the car is a little lighter.

- - - Updated - - -

who is someone? Were they identical other than the battery?

Not trying to be difficult but this question keeps coming up and never seen a clear response.

Bjorn - you sounded very surprised that the 60 performed nearly as well as the 85. I have plenty of power but I don't need the speeding tickets the P85 would get. Unfortunately you compared the range/usability of the 60 to the Leaf. The difference between the Leaf's 75 miles vs the 60's range of 205 is significant. I have been very happy with my 60 and feel it is definitely a worthy EV. I'm not worried about long trips now that the Superchargers are multiplying and I'm okay with a little longer charge time. Your needs are certainly different with all the road trips you do. I enjoy watching your videos, even more now since I visited Norway in July. Beautiful country.
Believe me, you can get speeding tickets with only 50 hp ;) But yeah, that was my point. If you need to do long trips with many SC visits, S60 is not the car for you. But for local driving, charging mostly at home, work or semi-fast AC, S60 works great. In my video I tried to warn some people who think 60 will work as well as a 85 for frequent long trips because there are many SCs.

Bjorn, I love your "Listen to this: [accelerates your Volvo V40... hear an engine sound] That's the sound of the past"

LOL.

Your video is my nightmare. Wondering when my 12V battery will decide to malfunction. Luckily it didn't happen earlier in the week, when I was driving in the middle of the 50mi stretch of unpaved Soda Lake Road in Califonia's Carrizo Plain National Monument, with a lifeless gray landscape more like Mars or the Moon, so far away from civilization there were no cell towers so my 17" google map navigation stopped displaying a map. I was kinda worried that the car would decide to play tricks right then and there but everything worked out!
I'm glad you didn't stranded out there :) And I'm glad my battery problem didn't happen during North Cape trip.