Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla.PNG

From the Norwegian Tesla manual (Euro Spec) It does list the weight for 85 and 60 version.

Just wanted to pop in and say I really enjoy your videos, Bjorn! Thanks for posting them. I watch them at night and knit! I find them interesting and relaxing. You guys are a sweet couple. And i like the way you say, "shiiiiiiit". LOL
Thank you for the feedback :) Then shieeet there is :p By the way, I used to play MMO and hang out on Ventrilo. In our guild, there was a black guy who said it sometimes. I guess I learned how to say it by listening to him :)

Some of those areal shots are super cool. I wonder if those were taken in some kind of copter ?
Yes, it was shot from a drone.

Quadcopter drone, I suspect.

Something frankly I'm surprised Bjorn hasn't purchased and started using in his videos! It'd be kinda cool to release a drone a minute before arriving at a SuperCharger, and then film his own car pulling in -- from above! (Hint, hint, Bjorn!)
A drone is one of the items in my to-shop-list. I don't want any of the cheap drones for $150. The one I want cost over $1600.

Bjørn,

In response to your video "Tesla Model S typical range calculation". Tesla has said Rated Miles is calculated at 300wh/mi, using your formula I get 280wh/mi for RM. Very interesting.

I used numbers from one of my previous trips:

(<Start RM> - <End RM>) / <Total Distance> = <Percentage offset>
<Avg wh/mi> / <Percentage offset> = <Rated wh/mi>

HOME TO RV
166 / 183 = 0.907
254 / 0.907 = 280wh/mi

RV to BOI
143 / 173 = 0.83
231 / 0.83 = 278wh/mi

BOI to RV
201 / 173 = 1.161
326 / 1.161 = 280wh/mi

RV to HOME
226 / 183 = 1.235
347 / 1.235 = 280wh/mi

Bjorn,

I really enjoy watching your videos. Number 13 was an interesting one. I am glad to see it worked out OK for you. It was great to get your impressions of the new "fossil car" V40, and of the 60 kWh Model S loaner. Informative and entertaining.

Glad to see Tesla work so hard to get you on your way quickly, and also installing proper winter tires for your trip. In the end, getting a new battery pack makes #13 a lucky episode. :)

GSP