Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yaaay!!! Awesome Bjorn! I will now watch it with a nice cup of coffee in my hand :) so nice to see the charging in Gol...I might be part of that lol. I worked in Gol at Pers Resort in 2009 for about 6 months...I was totally obsessed with Tesla back then and mentioned Tesla for EVERYONE in the village :) So maybe some of them already knew a lot about Tesla when Tesla contacted them about getting a Supercharger there.

Last edited:
Another great Vid.

Let us know when Emory says yes.
I forgot to write her name. It's Ammery :)

EasyBring seems pretty cool. Are they coming to the US?
I hope so. They are trying to be worldwide.

I just looked this up

2.86M private passenger cars and vans registered in Norway.

Average age 10.5 years. EU average is 8.3 years.

Even though Norway does not have a huge population it can be a huge market for Tesla for at least this decade.
The high age on cars in Norway is because of very stupid tax rules. When you want to re-register a car, a newer car has higher tax than an older car. Also, high weight makes the tax higher. It can be as high as $4000 just to re-register a car. In Sweden the tax is $8.

Bjorn: Your videos always bring a smile to my face, and I check your page several times a day and love reading the positive comments people are leaving for you. Thanks for sharing the wonderful images of Norway! Also, hope Ammery says yes, and have a great visit with her (and bring her back to Norway with you and put her on your video!).

Also, noticed at one of your Tesla Store charging stops (with the Roadster charger setup, I think) you were charging at 45 amps but the charger was capable of putting out 60 amps (as shown on the display). Was there a particular reason you did that? Just curious

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to you and Ammery!! Jim

The high age on cars in Norway is because of very stupid tax rules. When you want to re-register a car, a newer car has higher tax than an older car. Also, high weight makes the tax higher. It can be as high as $4000 just to re-register a car. In Sweden the tax is $8.

Is the tax higher for higher weight electric vehicles?

Or will there be Tesla full size pickups in Norway's future?

In CA the registration fee/tax is based on the vehicle purchase price. If you claim a really low number for a used car the government can use fair market value instead. Then the tax falls on yearly basis as the value of the car decreases for an additional eleven years then the tax stays the same.

Unfortunately, google translate couldn't make the submit button work. "Personbil" means regular car or a sedan. The tax is 19.6k NOK for a Model S. That's about 3300 USD. Ridiculous if you ask me.

It is about $655 for the yearly Model S registration here in CA.

19.6k NOK Model S tax and 50 NOK gas station hamburgers is where Norway's 100K USD GDP per capita goes to I guess. :)

I wonder, with the many shots from outside looking at the car driving away.. does that ever get annoying having to reverse and pickup the camera? :smile:
Not at all :) These shots are the coolest. The shots from inside the car is too boring and limited, but they are easy to shoot and can be done without stopping. The shot at 04:24 is in my opinion the coolest of the whole video. It took me about 20 minutes to plan, set up and execute. And the result was 8 seconds in the video. But it was worth it!