Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes these are the first outside Norway. I'm sure by April you'll have even more options. Will you be keeping the Aero wheels?
I'm looking forward to next year :) SCs will pop up everywhere in Europe. I will be keeping the Aero wheels for winter. My summer wheels are the standard 5 spoke 19" wheels.

That's funny! But it needs his picture to go with the facial expression. It's classic.

I think one of the things that makes the videos are the various camera perspectives he takes. It is almost like he has a filming crew with him <grin>
It's worth mentioning that I do all the video myself :) But I guess you guys already knew that, hehe.

Great videos, I like the Um yeahs as well, very Mark-Webber-y!
Haha, I didn't noticed I said that many times. I think I'm a bit inspired by Bill Lumbergh from Office Space :p

Great videos...keep up the good work! thx.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Thank you for the feedback. As with everything in that video, it was juts a coincidence. But I found out afterwards that it was pretty cool, yeah :D

Great job Sir, and very nicely edited. The driving away shots are key but even just the fact that you keep filming when you are probably very worried (like at 0km range) is impressive. In situations like that I have to concentrate on the car and the next charge point.

In fact it was really interesting to see what happened as you entered the 0km zone... If the battery bar is anything to go by there is still maybe 3% of tha battery left (10kms?) but the range prediction software is probably extra conservative.

I did 404kms at -1C recently here, which included climbing from 300m to 1200m and then down to 600m. I did it with enough range at the end to be able to speed up but probably otherwise would have arrived with about 40kms left.

Looking forward to your next videos. Thanks Bjorn.

Great job Sir, and very nicely edited. The driving away shots are key but even just the fact that you keep filming when you are probably very worried (like at 0km range) is impressive. In situations like that I have to concentrate on the car and the next charge point.

In fact it was really interesting to see what happened as you entered the 0km zone... If the battery bar is anything to go by there is still maybe 3% of tha battery left (10kms?) but the range prediction software is probably extra conservative.

I did 404kms at -1C recently here, which included climbing from 300m to 1200m and then down to 600m. I did it with enough range at the end to be able to speed up but probably otherwise would have arrived with about 40kms left.

Looking forward to your next videos. Thanks Bjorn.

Wow, 400+ km is impressive in winter weather. And the fact that you had so much elevation. At what speeds were you driving? When I did my 375 km drive, I was first doing 70 km/h and then increased it to 80 km/h.

Wow, 400+ km is impressive in winter weather. And the fact that you had so much elevation. At what speeds were you driving? When I did my 375 km drive, I was first doing 70 km/h and then increased it to 80 km/h.

Basically about the same as you. I knew it was going to be tight so I stuck at 70km/h for the first few hours and never accelerated above 40kW. I also try to coast in N rather than switch between regen and accel.

What else? I suppose the heater was off until the last 100kms except for occasional windscreen clearing, but by the time I was coming down fromt he highlands to the Madrid valley I knew I would make it so I raised the speed and the cabin heat. Then the last 50kms or so were at 100km/h or more. Here's the profile of the trip from gpsvisualizer.com:

alzañiz - home .png

You can see that all the climbing at the start really had me worried, but after about half way I had a big downhill so if the expected range was looking good I was going to make it.

Worse is when you end on a climb... In our Tilburg to Madrid journey (first drive ever in a Model S) the section between Bordeaux and Argomaniz (about km 1000 and km 1400) was flat but ended in a 600m climb. I remember trying to keep 100kms of range extra just for that climb...
TIlburg to Madrid Profile.png

I now calculate 5kms ideal range loss for every 100m of climb and 3kms of ideal range gain for every 100m of drop. And you?

Thank you for interesting results, mgemmell :) In Norway during winter, it's impossible to drive without the heater. It has to be on 17.5°C at least to avoid getting dew on the windshields. I haven't calculated how much range loss/gain I get from going up and downnhills. But from my calculations on #2 video, 100 m drop equals to 3 km range at approx 200 Wh/km.

Yes, the "no problemo" was a quote from Terminator 2 :) Epic movie!
Tomorrow I will post a short video about measuring the hp and Nm on my Tesla.

Sorry guys, no road trip video this week. However, this weekend I'm going on a 1600 km/1000 mi road trip to visit the remaining four SCs in Norway. I will be carrying 14 live pigeons and a lot of stuff. To make it even more interesting, I'm going to sleep in the car. In Norwegian winter. Video #3 coming next week should be a good one =)

Last edited: