Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Bjorn! There is something hypnotic about watching that video. It seems silly to just watch someone driving without nothing especially interesting happening, but then you suddenly realize you have already been watching it for 15 or 30 minutes... :)

Thanks Bjorn! There is something hypnotic about watching that video. It seems silly to just watch someone driving without nothing especially interesting happening, but then you suddenly realize you have already been watching it for 15 or 30 minutes... :)
I can watch a whole 1 hour video like this. But other people get bored after two minutes :p

Anyways, here's a short video from me today:

Last edited by a moderator:
On 5:05 you are passing three cars on a two lane road with wet pavement and raining. Looks a bit scary watching it but I guess Model S instant torque helps you immensely here. Better to do that in a S than other cars I guess

I can’t say I watched the whole thing, but the time-lapse did play through on my TV while I was doing other things. Did you really ride on the sidewalk to pass on the right? Tes Yeah! And is there anything with more than two wheels that you don’t pass? I actually cheered a little when you caught up to and passed the hoon.
Happy Birthday!

On 5:05 you are passing three cars on a two lane road with wet pavement and raining. Looks a bit scary watching it but I guess Model S instant torque helps you immensely here. Better to do that in a S than other cars I guess
Yes, the instant torque and acceleration helps cut down the distance needed for overtaking greatly. It wouldn't have been possible with my old 120 hp diesel car.

I can’t say I watched the whole thing, but the time-lapse did play through on my TV while I was doing other things. Did you really ride on the sidewalk to pass on the right? Tes Yeah! And is there anything with more than two wheels that you don’t pass? I actually cheered a little when you caught up to and passed the hoon.
Happy Birthday!
Which sidewalk did I ride on? I overtake pretty much anything that drives slower than me. Regardless if it has ten or two wheels. I overtake most of two-wheelers unless I see that they clearly want to drive faster than me. What hoon did you refer to?

Yes, the instant torque and acceleration helps cut down the distance needed for overtaking greatly. It wouldn't have been possible with my old 120 hp diesel car.

Which sidewalk did I ride on? I overtake pretty much anything that drives slower than me. Regardless if it has ten or two wheels. I overtake most of two-wheelers unless I see that they clearly want to drive faster than me. What hoon did you refer to?

Sorry, but I don’t have time markers. I remember a few motorcycles zooomed by you, but that was about it except for the one car late in the trip were someone passes you and speeds on ahead but eventually you catch up to them and pass them. It was dusk and the taillights were on and the were a distinctive square C on the left and a reverse C on the right, reminding me of an older Dodge Charger Google Image Result for http://www.amcarguide.com/wp-content/gallery/wcc-challenger-cabrio/11-wcc-dodge-challenger-cabrio.jpg . Early on there was a moment when a small car slowed to turn left and the camera view jiggled as if the right tires went up on a curb or some such then came back to level as you entered the intersection. The abrupt change from the amazingly smooth view is what caught my attention.

I can watch a whole 1 hour video like this. But other people get bored after two minutes :p

Anyways, here's a short video from me today:

Gratulerer med bursdagen, Bjørn.

Ikea called - they want their blue IKEA bag back again (hahaha, busted!)

A very handy bag they have. I have two similar ones I use for shopping all the time, although they are from a German supermarket chain and paid for :biggrin:

Gratulerer med bursdagen, Bjørn.

Ikea called - they want their blue IKEA bag back again (hahaha, busted!)

A very handy bag they have. I have two similar ones I use for shopping all the time, although they are from a German supermarket chain and paid for :biggrin:
Here in Norway you can buy the blue Ikea bags. They also have *yellow* Ikea bags at the store which are for use in the store only. ;)

Sorry, but I don’t have time markers. I remember a few motorcycles zooomed by you, but that was about it except for the one car late in the trip were someone passes you and speeds on ahead but eventually you catch up to them and pass them. It was dusk and the taillights were on and the were a distinctive square C on the left and a reverse C on the right, reminding me of an older Dodge Charger Google Image Result for http://www.amcarguide.com/wp-content/gallery/wcc-challenger-cabrio/11-wcc-dodge-challenger-cabrio.jpg . Early on there was a moment when a small car slowed to turn left and the camera view jiggled as if the right tires went up on a curb or some such then came back to level as you entered the intersection. The abrupt change from the amazingly smooth view is what caught my attention.
I found it. At 32:01 I drove on the sidewalk to pass a car on the right side. And the amcar was at 54:15. I remember this car because I was actually about to overtake him and the rest of the bunch. As always, I turned on my turn signal/indicator a few seconds before I overtake. And he suddenly just changed lanes and layed down dirty exhaust in front of me. I let him drive at 100+ km/h (speed limit was 80 km/h there). But then he slowed down a bit and when I entered 90 limit, I overtook him because he was driving slower than 10 over the speed limit.

It's no joke that (some) American cars can't go around corners. That car was rolling like a boat in the corners. He would speed up in the straights, and in the corners I would catch up on him.

Oh, my bad, I thought it was the other way around. Craters!

In any case, IKEA got some great advertising anyway.
Not only IKEA. But also Tesla (of course), Rema 1000 (grocery store) and Bergans (winter jacket) :)

Take out your beer, coke, popcorn, chocolate and snacks! Part one of the Europe road trip 2014 video is finished. You have 1 hour and 21 minutes of fun to watch :D

Great new video as always--thanks, Bjorn.

A few notes:

We are so fortunate in Northern California with charging infrastructure. It is amazing to me how much juggling and stress you must endure in travels beyond superchargers.

As a recent newlywed you have learned how the morning timeline works with respect to your wife's grooming...:) Gives you time for other activities...

Watch the whole thing, great video.. It's so funny when he says: oh yeah! The travel was done on a budget! I would have stopped in hotels a few times more often. I think they did quite well and met some really interesting people on their way. The Beaty of living in Europe is that there are so many places to see without having to travel too far! I look forward to seeing all his videos.