Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black is the new black?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had black on black cars for as long as I can remember and I tend to be set in my ways like that No sunroof, just plain, cave-like black on black but I am debating the pano roof for my upcoming MS though AND I am also considering...blue! I guess I am more open minded as I get older...

Back to my more likely choice when it's all said and done...anyone would have pics of a black premium interior/black headliner with pano vs as well as the same combo w/o a pano roof by chance? I almost feel like the pano roof would be too much light, for me at least.

i have a black on black model x .. its not entirely black on the outside as its has chrome accents ( i really wish it didn't its a finger print magnet ) mines whichever black doesn't cost any more money

I have a solid black Model S P90D with black premium interior/black headliner and pano, side and back windows tinted 35%. I think it looks great and I get a lot of compliments about the car. I'm not able to post a picture at the moment but will eventually. I originally wanted the obsidian black but I really couldn't tell the difference when viewed in person and thought I would just save the money. Are you looking for interior pictures?

Black is my favorite color on a car, unless talking about sports cars then it's yellow or black. I've always had solid black cars, so doing the obsidian was a great take on my favorite color.

Obsidian black metallic, black next gens, black headliner with carbon fiber. The paint is awesome--the car looks solid black in the dark or shaded settings. In light, the obsidian metallic pops out of the black, brilliantly. Descriptives like hot, and sex have been used.

Not one damn regret. Obsidian Black Mettalic: my favorite color, glorified.

I have a solid black Model S P90D with black premium interior/black headliner and pano, side and back windows tinted 35%. I think it looks great and I get a lot of compliments about the car. I'm not able to post a picture at the moment but will eventually. I originally wanted the obsidian black but I really couldn't tell the difference when viewed in person and thought I would just save the money. Are you looking for interior pictures?

Yes, interior pics would be awesome. Much appreciated.

And if someone has the same set-up but w/o the pano roof, a pic will help me do an apple to apple comparison.

I placed my Model S order a couple of days ago and now I'm staring at my Tesla on the configuration page. The entire car is black. I'm wondering if it's too much? Would love input from others, especially if you have a similar configuration.

I started with leather seats. I would have considered grey but they're not available now. So black it is. For the trim, I really do like the default dark ash wood. I initially started with the default white headliner, but then I read a lot of posts from people raving about the black. So I went with black (I do have the pano roof).

Then we come to the exterior. I currently have it configured for the base black, but I'm also really interested in the obsidian metallic black.

So - black paint, black leather seats, black headliner, dark trim. This could either look like the coolest looking car ever, or it could look and feel way too too dark.

So, question is:

1) Anyone else go with a configuration like this? If so, opinions and pics would be awesome!

2) For those who went with a black exterior, did you choose flat black or obsidian black, and why?

I know - it's all a matter of personal preference. But I still like to hear other peoples' perspectives :)

Thanks!
I went as black as I could. No regrets.

• Love
Reactions: Reekdog
It would be just wrong if I didn't comment on THIS post ;) for all that are wondering. Black is the best color you can get for a Tesla IMO and you can never have too much black for a Tesla Spec. Enjoy it and never look black...I mean back! I have both regular black and obsidian black both look great but obsidian and the flakes that it has helps hide clear coat swirls slightly better.