Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black T Logos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got new badges from Tesla the originals were removed when my car was wrapped. I sanded them lightly with 320 2 coats of self etching primer and 3 of matte black paint came out good. The service center guys seemed to like it.
badge1.jpeg
badge2.jpeg

Reactions: house9
Agreed - Plasti-Dip is the way to go. I did the vinyl sticker thing on the first car, it will have issues over time. We've since Plasti-Dip'd both cars and never had an issue. There are plenty of How-To videos out there - very simple to do.

Good Luck

Reactions: Raiders
Or, buy new OEM painted ones from Colberns Detailing... Model Y ones coming soon, I have used the badges on both of my Model 3s and they are still perfect a year later. I got a discount code for anyone looking for it, use code zack for 10% off. Colbern's Detailing | Paint Protection Film | Ceramic Coating | #1 in Santa Barbara Also they do detailing, PPF, coatings in LA/Oxnard/Santa Barbara area for anyone interested, they are amazing. I think people get 10% off if they say I referred them.

I bought new emblems from Tesla primed and painted. They don’t look 100% if you try to reapply them.
+ 1. The adhesive on the emblems are so thin that it gets mangled during removal. Unless you clean the residue very thoroughly before you apply new double-sided tape, it won't look good. Also, the typical 3M stuff you buy from Amazon is too thick for the emblems so the emblems will look elevated.

+ 1. The adhesive on the emblems are so thin that it gets mangled during removal. Unless you clean the residue very thoroughly before you apply new double-sided tape, it won't look good. Also, the typical 3M stuff you buy from Amazon is too thick for the emblems so the emblems will look elevated.

Interesting, thanks. So new (alredy black?) emblems can be purchased though Tesla Parts? If so interested what may be the cost.

Interesting, thanks. So new (alredy black?) emblems can be purchased though Tesla Parts? If so interested what may be the cost.
No. Black emblems are NOT sold from Tesla directly. You'd have to buy the chrome ones and have them painted. A lot of people are DIY'ing it, myself included. Just scuff them up with scotchbrite or some 3000 grid sandpaper for adhesion. Get a spray can of adhesion promoter and some Rustoleum black satin paint. Let it cure for a day or so.

Reactions: sjmcman
No. Black emblems are NOT sold from Tesla directly. You'd have to buy the chrome ones and have them painted. A lot of people are DIY'ing it, myself included. Just scuff them up with scotchbrite or some 3000 grid sandpaper for adhesion. Get a spray can of adhesion promoter and some Rustoleum black satin paint. Let it cure for a day or so.

Got it, thanks. Will go that route.