Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blacked out hood emblem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to swap out the frunk and trunk emblems on my M3P with black variants to complete the chrome delete look, but I am having a hard time finding anything reliable. There are quite a few eBay listings but I wonder if anyone here has any experience with this and can vouch for quality/long term durability?

Same question for the 'Dual Motor' badge.

(I know about the plastidip route. I am mostly looking for full emblem replacements to start with, before resorting to plastidip)

I got a black emblem off ebay from China. Looked great. Installed great. A month later the front is lifting up because of the slope of the hood. Likely will replace with an official Tesla emblem at some point with some plastidip.
PXL_20210902_210752243.jpg

Can you provide a link for the one you got?
This link here is for the metal Tesla emblems for the bonnet and trunk. I got the Matt Black option. Very good quality and the trunk emblem is even pre bent to perfectly fit the curve where it sits.

This link here is for the Dual Motor badge. You can't get one without the performance underline but if you just have a LR you can remove the underline before you apply it to the car.

That covers the replacement of the badges that come on the car. I did buy some extras though.
I got this one which is T E S L A spelled out to use on the trunk instead of the T emblem.
And also this SpaceX badge to put on the opposite side to my Dual Motor badge.

Reactions: Braumin