Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blacked out hood emblem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It goes over the OEM badge, as you can see on the pic, you don’t see/noticed the OEM badge. It gives a flush look
Is the rear badge flush and are they both a good fit (i.e. sit the same as the originals)?

Thinking of getting these for my M3P when it arrives as I don’t want to mess about removing the original badges. £30 with included shipping to UK seems like a good price!

Do you have any close up pics of the rear badge too please? Just want to see how flush it sits. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Is the rear badge flush and are they both a good fit (i.e. sit the same as the originals)?

Thinking of getting these for my M3P when it arrives as I don’t want to mess about removing the original badges. £30 with included shipping to UK seems like a good price!

Do you have any close up pics of the rear badge too please? Just want to see how flush it sits. Thanks in advance!
They both fit like a glove, just make sure you order the ones for the MY because the logos for the 3 are smaller. I didn’t use the one on the back because I removed it (don’t like it at all the T on the back) I replaced it with the tesla letters

Hi there,

Looking to get black tesla t emblems for my m3p. Not looking to plastidip the stock ones. Just want replacements. Also, looking for a recommendation on matte black or gloss black to go with my color (blue) and I’m also removing the dual motor badge. I see one set on Amazon and just looking to see if there are better options. Any recommendations would be most appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

I picked up my M3P a couple of weeks ago. First item on the agenda was paint protection film and a ceramic coating w/paint correction. Looks pretty amazing now and I am very happy with the results.

As part of the paint film on the front, the installer removed the Tesla badge to do a proper job. I still have the OEM chrome badge, but with the 2021 having all black trim now I would like to switch to a black emblem.

Not sure if I should go with gloss black or matte black though. Does anyone have one installed on a red M3? How do they like it? Where did you get it? I've found a couple of places that sell them.

I could just keep the badgeless look as well, but feels like it is missing something without the emblem. Thoughts?

View attachment 656375
Car looks amazing. Paint correction and ceramic coating make a huge difference.

Reactions: Braumin
I found this on ebay. Not sure if I love it, but it does match the spoiler on the rear. I just got it installed after running the debadged look since May.
PXL_20210902_210752243.jpg

I realize OP ordered via aliexpress already, but for those finding this thread also in search of options, I purchased mine from here: Emblems Only

They are complete replacement emblems, not stickers or covers. Materials used and quality are top-notch, the point on mine is not quite flush with the trunk, but I doubt anyone other than me would notice. They are thick like the Model S emblems, so may not be to everyone's liking.

On the car:
IMG_0220.jpeg

I realize OP ordered via aliexpress already, but for those finding this thread also in search of options, I purchased mine from here: Emblems Only

They are complete replacement emblems, not stickers or covers. Materials used and quality are top-notch, the point on mine is not quite flush with the trunk, but I doubt anyone other than me would notice. They are thick like the Model S emblems, so may not be to everyone's liking.

On the car:
View attachment 722971
It looks nice. I think the MY and M3 rear logo are different size. Correct me if I am wrong.

Abstract Ocean sells the Dual Motor emblem in matte black if you want to change that out too. Comes in a foam block so the lettering remains aligned during application. Also includes the red underline that can be removed before application for non-Performance models.

Reactions: Goldendoodle