Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue Dashcam Installer in SoCal on AP2.0 Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prodashcam installed mine. 2016+ apparently can't tap into the mic connector? Anyways we ended up hard wiring to the fuse box around the glove box. In one of his more recent installs I think he has a pic showing the location...

2017 Tesla Model S 60

New user here! Always browsed and finally registered.The white model S 60 in the link is actually mine. It's a 2016 Model S 60 with AP 1. I would highly recommend Aaron at prodashcam. I'm local to Aaron so it worked out. He's located in Chino Hills. He's been very responsive and walked me through how to use the camera afterwards.The first time around I didn't get tint in the rear window so he pre-wired the rear camera to install after I got the car tinted. He's coming back this Friday to complete the install now that I have the whole car tinted. He'll likely have updated photos of the install on the site after it's done, if weather permits..

Go see Elle at Al & Ed's on Santa Monica Blvd and La Cienega in West Hollywood. They installed a Blackvue (front and rear camera) setup that I brought in for $150.00 in my 2016 MS.

Well I called and spoke to Elle to see and he quoted me $540 again. I even brought up other people paid less and he said they charge $180/hr and it takes 3 hours.

The Marina Del Rey store quoted me $300 but they want me to use the magic pro which puts me off. Looks like Acedashcam will be the guy who does mine as his price is cheaper and he hard wires it.

Well I called and spoke to Elle to see and he quoted me $540 again. I even brought up other people paid less and he said they charge $180/hr and it takes 3 hours.

The Marina Del Rey store quoted me $300 but they want me to use the magic pro which puts me off. Looks like Acedashcam will be the guy who does mine as his price is cheaper and he hard wires it.
I wonder why they're charging three times more than they used to, or quoting three times longer I should say. The hourly rate matches what it used to be, but it only takes them about an hour for the install. I actually prefer the Power Magic Pro since I can shut off power to the dashcam when it's in the garage and I have no need to be continuously recording.

I know that this is a bit off of your inital question, but I'm an electric novice, and I installed mine with a home made wiring harness and ran the wires all the way to both cameras. Hardwired to the 12v available under the grate up front. No visible wires anywhere. There were some awesome guides here on the forums. I recommend you look at them. Cost me about $20 in supplies, max.

Reactions: P85_DA
I know that this is a bit off of your inital question, but I'm an electric novice, and I installed mine with a home made wiring harness and ran the wires all the way to both cameras. Hardwired to the 12v available under the grate up front. No visible wires anywhere. There were some awesome guides here on the forums. I recommend you look at them. Cost me about $20 in supplies, max.

The level of luck I have with these things is comically bad. To me it was worth just paying.

Reactions: P85_DA
Just to close the loop, Aaron at Acedashcam (formerly prodashcam I guess) was awesome. Lowest install price, hardwired it into the box above the rear view mirror, and took the whole cable through the back without a single hitch or something looking off. Then he spent a good 20 minutes or more explaining each feature to me and how to use the thing. Just a great person, worth the drive to Upland.

• Informative
Reactions: Reekdog and P85_DA