Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind spot camera location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Not sure who or where to ask, but I think I have a very good idea about blind spot camera location. When there is a left turn signal on the camera to be in the display’s top left corner. When the right blinker is on - top right corner. The location to be configurable only in settings, but moved at all times temporarily (until the next turn signal). That I think will be very helpful for cybertruck too if you remove the side mirrors.

So if there are people here that could push this idea further that would be great!

Oh, I apologize if it was discussed before, since I didn’t find it.

It’s kind of hard for me to get used to see in the same area video form the left and the right repeater. And I have been using it since it became available. If it is just me then I guess I have to live with it. Also having left and right separated would let you know which blinker you have enabled. That probably sounds funny, but on the model x I always wonder which blinker is on. Since the green indicators are on the dash screen it’s hard to tell with peripheral vision. The model 3 is just fine being high and in your field of view.

Ah, and yes I know you can reposition them and I do it quite often - to check the map, navigation, radio, etc.

I understand what the OP is getting at and I guess this might be of use to a portion of the population, but I don't think it would be for me. I always look at the sideview mirror before signaling, so by the time I signal I am completely in the mindset of "right" or "left", so when the video feed come up, I'm just taking a quick glance to see if something is in the blindspot of the direction I'm already setup to go into. It has never occurred to me that I need something to tell me which side the video feed is coming from.