Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Origin - New Shepard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 90, they better hope he doesn't croak... that would really make Bezos popular....killing Captain Kirk!

I think this guy beat him to it:

050312-malcolm-mcdowell.jpg

Listening to Bill speak after landing, very happy he had this opportunity to clear the Karman line. He was emotionally uninhibited sharing his experience. Unfiltered too! I was watching the BO live feed and became frustrated they offered nothing but happy talk concerning the two countdown holds. The second (last) hold was likely created by the pad ninjas still wrapping up with only 15 minutes left to launch. However, during his postflight interview, it was Capt. Kirk who revealed the source of the first delay. He mentioned it was due to BO engineers evaluating a preflight engine anomaly. Why was this info on the QT? It shouldn't have been a big deal. Although I did enjoy watching Bezos smiling, standing next to Kirk, squirming to the details!

Had it going in the background and do agree these Karman hops aren't terribly compelling. The surface-chatter is somewhat mind-numbing as well. And the lack of any in-capsule video while the event is occurring doesn't help. Ultimately it looks like any other hop, and I ended up watching just to see if there were any anomalies...

• Funny
Reactions: Electroman
Listening to Bill speak after landing, very happy he had this opportunity to clear the Karman line. He was emotionally uninhibited sharing his experience. Unfiltered too! I was watching the BO live feed and became frustrated they offered nothing but happy talk concerning the two countdown holds. The second (last) hold was likely created by the pad ninjas still wrapping up with only 15 minutes left to launch. However, during his postflight interview, it was Capt. Kirk who revealed the source of the first delay. He mentioned it was due to BO engineers evaluating a preflight engine anomaly. Why was this info on the QT? It shouldn't have been a big deal. Although I did enjoy watching Bezos smiling, standing next to Kirk, squirming to the details!
Oh wow. Engine anomaly, and no mention of it. That’s not kosher in any space flight, especially a human one. Wonder if the FAA will get a friggin clue and investigate BO. Watching Besos interrupt Shatner as soon as he started talking and spraying him champagne, something he did not appreciate, made me dislike Besos even more. And WTF was he doing unlocking the hatch? Either this is a Mickey Mouse operation, or a trained tech should have been doing that. Next time, a passenger should barf in Jeff’s face and see how well prepared he is to deal with that.