Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth connection to Echo -- will calls still come through?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan to use an Amazon Echo to connect to Sirius radio, but would that not disconnect the bluetooth connection to the MY? What would be the effect of being connected to the Echo device, and the "Lock on Walk Away?" It seems to me that there can only be one bluetooth connection at a time, so I should disable the phone's use for calls via the car when it is connected to the Echo.

No, the Amazon Echo Auto does not interfere with your existing bluetooth (BT) connections between your phone and the Tesla vehicle. There are normally two BT connections for the phone and the Tesla vehicle. One BT connection is for BT locking/unlocking the Tesla vehicle via your phone. The other BT connection is for BT calling and audio streaming.

The Amazon Echo Auto device has its own BT connection with the phone that is strictly for use by the Alexa app. This connection does not affect the other BT connections. The Tesla vehicle does not see the Echo Auto as a BT device. The Echo Auto is placed in the Tesla vehicle and draw powers from the Tesla whenever the Tesla vehicle is power on.

The Amazon Echo Auto microphone array is available again for $19.99 on Black Friday, 4 AM - 8 AM. You can also receive 6 months of free Amazon Music Unlimited when you purchase the Amazon Echo Auto.

Streaming Service Choice

Last edited: