Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone having issue with phone calls over Bluetooth?
I have MY performance and running 12.11 -my iPhone is connected with no issue, but during calls I hear in the car "clicks" on the speakers, when that happened the other side can hear me in and out.

The same thing happens to me intermittently. Very frustrating and I put in a service request but they said it was related to firmware and didn’t do anything about it. I’m runnning 12.11.1 now but it’s been happening since I got the car and it was running 10.5.3 or whatever it was. I’ve also noticed that every now and then I hear pop or click just listening to music from streaming (not phone) and all but maybe one or two speakers cut out for a few seconds before coming back on.

The same thing happens to me intermittently. Very frustrating and I put in a service request but they said it was related to firmware and didn’t do anything about it. I’m runnning 12.11.1 now but it’s been happening since I got the car and it was running 10.5.3 or whatever it was. I’ve also noticed that every now and then I hear pop or click just listening to music from streaming (not phone) and all but maybe one or two speakers cut out for a few seconds before coming back on.
Yep, same issue. I took it to service, and waiting to hear back from engineering whether a firmware or hardware. I'll report when I hear back.

This sounds crazy, but try replacing the USB drive for the dashcam with a slower one, USB 2.0 only if possible. That was Tesla's recommendation to stop intermittent system crashes, which usually started out with bluetooth static.

I too am having the same issues overall. In addition to inability to hear phone calls, I could not play music via Bluetooth and also my text messages would suddenly stop displaying on the screen. My service rep also stated was a firmware issue. Of note however, in the last week or so, I have not noticed it, where as before it was happening at least once every couple days. Perhaps the recent firmware update fixed the issue? I'm on 2020.16.2.1.

Having similar pop noises, almost sounds like a rock hitting the windshield (noise happens when parked as well). Mine happens when nothing is playing, did notice it more when I changed immersive sound from "Standard" to "High". Was guessing maybe firmware(?), going to try a reboot today and see if that helps at all.

Hi, A friend just upgraded Infotainment to MCU2.0 on a 2017 Model S. He is experiencing these clicking noises and immersing sound for the other party, but only on phone calls via Bluetooth, not when listening to Music. Service tried twice to repair, and replaced the microphone once. Finally, admitted "A known problem" and a "Firmware issue" but no solution was offered, does anyone have a solution? Did anyone get the issue resolved?