Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth issues after 2020.8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya I am having the same issue. It’s super annoying :( I am lucky to be able to play a couple of songs on any drive but as soon as I (manually) next the song from my phone, it disconnects. I’ve just resorted to using the radio during these times *sigh*
Scroll wheel reset fixes it for about 5-10 min before it craps out again (M3 running 2020.12.5 but was prevalent in previous updates).

I had the same problem with 8.1 and my iPhone 6s-plus, but its been fines for several weeks now.
Mind you, since the first post in this thread the car has had 5 updates :)
That's what I love about Tesla, a software bugs are transitory. I remember back to some of the bugs in my Leaf that were locked in stone for the life of the car.

So first issue i have seen. Twice now i have gotten in the car and been unable to play anything off my phone via bluetooth. Phone says it is connected and when i select phone in the audio menu i can see it connected but it doesn't play. When i hit play on my phone (audible app) it plays through the phones speaker and doesn't show the car as an option through the app. Cycling bluetooth on phone has no effect. First time i had this happen i parked at my destination and came back after a bit and it worked fine. Today on the way home issue arose again. Before this i have never had an issue with bluetooth. Running iPhone 10r on ios 13.4.

I have similar issues with Apple music playing thru the sound system on M3 with 12.5 I have to reboot car and repair to iPhone 10 but this is getting to be real hassle. How can we notify Tesla?

Anyone notice if this is still a problem since they rolled out 2020.12.11.1? For me this seems to be less of an issue since the car update or iOS 13.4.1. In fact I haven’t had to reset the MCU since and prior to either update I was resetting the MCU every other day.