Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mazx222

Mar 7, 2023
USA
Has anyone else noticed bluetooth connection issues since the last update?
For reference, I have a 2022 M3P and an iPhone 12. Current Tesla software version is 2023.2.12.

Ever since this update, it's hit or miss if my phone connects (for phone calls, audio, etc.). Even when I try to go in and manually connect it (either through the car or the phone) it just won't connect and is stuck in "connecting" mode. I was hoping others may know a solution, but couldn't find another thread about this (I'm new, apologies if I missed it), and was hoping to not have to completely forget the network on my phone and reconnect.

Also for reference, I've had no issues with phone key.

We picked up our MYP 3 weeks ago and had absolutely no issues until the update. We updated last weekend and now both of our phones are having issues with phone key which only works 50-60% of the time and have constant bluetooth connection issues while driving. Our neighbors have been having this same issue with their Model 3 since the update as well. All of our friends and family have been checking out the car and it’s embarrassing when your brand new car isn’t working right. My 8 year old truck has opened its door when I grab the handle every time. Love the car but this really needs to get sorted.

For reference we’ve restarted the Tesla computer, restarted the phones, reset the network settings and nothing has helped. If anyone else has any advice, I’m all ears.

I've had issues since updating to 2023.2.12 with others that call my phone while I'm driving reporting terrible feedback/echo. I've tried to restart both the phone and the touchscreen, and I "forgot device" on both the car and phone to completely re-establish the bluetooth connection. No help so far. I set up a service appointment and they sent me an estimate for about $250 since my M3LR is just a few months out of warranty. I cancelled the appointment, since I didn't want to chance paying a $95 diagnostic/visit fee for them to tell me it's a known software update getting resolved "soon."

In the meantime, I'm hopeful someone here can find a viable solution.

Try deleting the tesla app reinstall..in the app check bluetooth location is set to always/bluetooth is on/backround app refresh is on/mobile data on/notifications allow notifications on
In settings on your touchscreen in your car goto locks check walk away lock is on/driver door unlock mode on/unlock on park on
if it doesn’t work after this u may have to wait until the next update for your car comes out to see if it fixes the problem

Heading back home from my first long distance trip in our model y after less than a month of ownership and both my wife and I aren’t able to connect via Bluetooth. We each have iPhones and the first 4 hours of the trip had no issues with connecting. We just finished up at our 2nd supercharger and neither of us can connect our phones. When using the touchscreen we have attempted to connect each phone but nothing is happening. After a prolonged period of time it still shows ‘connecting’ but nothing happens. The Tesla app shows I’m connected but it simply just isn’t. I turned off the Bluetooth on my phone then on again to reestablish the connection but that didn’t work. I also reset the Tesla app which also didn’t help. The car is running on software v11.1. Please let me know if you have any helpful advice.

Heading back home from my first long distance trip in our model y after less than a month of ownership and both my wife and I aren’t able to connect via Bluetooth. We each have iPhones and the first 4 hours of the trip had no issues with connecting. We just finished up at our 2nd supercharger and neither of us can connect our phones. When using the touchscreen we have attempted to connect each phone but nothing is happening. After a prolonged period of time it still shows ‘connecting’ but nothing happens. The Tesla app shows I’m connected but it simply just isn’t. I turned off the Bluetooth on my phone then on again to reestablish the connection but that didn’t work. I also reset the Tesla app which also didn’t help. The car is running on software v11.1. Please let me know if you have any helpful advice.
1.Scroll wheel reset Make sure the vehicle is in park hold the two scroll wheel buttons in until the screen goes black then release the tesla,logo should come up after few seconds then touchscreen

2.On phone

Reboot the phone by pushing the slide to power off@restart phone

U may not have to go any further this may fix your problem