Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth on Phone deletes/loses my Tesla under "Saved Devices" when turned off.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New M3 owner here. Just accepted delivery about 2 weeks ago and LOVING it. Anyway, I have a new Pixel 7 and I noticed that sometimes when I get in the car, the phone doesn't connect. I would have to "forget device" in the car and re-pair the phone.

I just realized that if I TURN MY BLUETOOTH OFF, my phone forgets the car under "saved devices" so that's why it won't connect. So if you're not familiar with Android, there is a list of devices you've connected to in the past, so they can connect in the future. I have several other devices, headphones, smart watch, etc.. but this ONLY happens with the M3.

IF I LEAVE MY BLUETOOTH ON, it never disappears and it reconnects automatically like it should but soon as i turn it off and back on, it's gone.

Anyone else experiences this? Initially thought it was an Android bug but I don't have issues with any other devices.

Also 1 dumb thing that happened to me: once I connected BT to Tesla and left BT on, my phone wasn't able to recognize any new BT devices when pairing.

Because of this, I paired my AirPods first and then my Tesla MY so it's currently looking like this:

Screenshot_20230311-190519~2.png

However, if I turn Bluetooth OFF or reboot my phone, then these 2 will disappear from the list. Looks like this is a BT issue for Pixel but when my AirPods don't show up in the "Saved devices" list, they still auto-connect to my phone. The Tesla unfortunately does not do that.

Yep, the other setting I changed was under Settings->apps->Tesla->App Battery Usage->Unrestricted
I will try that out.
I finally had luck today by going into developer settings and changing Bluetooth avrcp version to 1.3.
Nice! I tried that before but didn't work 😢

Maybe this needs a combination of different solutions to finally start working correctly.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The settings in the Google thread did not help my situation, nor did resetting wifi/BT and only pairing the car.

I performed a factory reset (with no Google backup, so no settings copied over; all apps reinstalled by hand), then a system update to the latest version of Android, then I paired the phone with the car and it has not forgotten it for 3 days now.

Upvote 0
The settings in the Google thread did not help my situation, nor did resetting wifi/BT and only pairing the car.

I performed a factory reset (with no Google backup, so no settings copied over; all apps reinstalled by hand), then a system update to the latest version of Android, then I paired the phone with the car and it has not forgotten it for 3 days now.
Since you have it paired, what happens if you turn Bluetooth off and then back on or restart your phone entirely? In both of these scenarios, the "Tesla Model Y" no longer remains in the "Saved Devices" list for me.

Only "solution" that works for me is never turning off Bluetooth or restarting my phone so my MY stays in the Bluetooth's "Saved Devices" list.

Upvote 0