Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMS_w080_SW_Int_HV_Disconnect . HV Fuse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello.
I have the following error messages on my 2013 P85.
This happened while driving.. Car cut off HV and soon after the 12V was dead as well.

First message was:
BMS_f139_SW_DC_Link_V_Irrational

Then::
BMS_w080_SW_Int_HV_Disconnect

There seems to be NO messages regarding isolation errors, internal or external so that's good I guess.
My personal diagnostic is the HV fuse but since I have to drop the battery to check it I turn to this forum for confirmation.

Am I correct in my diagnostic, or could it be something else?

I DID check all the cells with ScanMyTesla and they are all perfectly balanced, 0,005Vcd.
I am keeping it alive now with external 12V charger.
Car is still showing 70% in the app and BMS is showing nominal values like Max Discharge 201KW (battery is 0,3`C)

Attachments

• HV error.jpg
    HV error.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Hello.
I have the following error messages on my 2013 P85.
This happend while driving.. Car cut off HV and soon after the 12V was dead as well.

First message was:
BMS_f139_SW_DC_Link_V_Irrational

Then::
BMS_w080_SW_Int_HV_Disconnect

There seems to be NO messages regarding isolation errors, internal or external so that's good I guess.
My personal diagnostic is the HV fuse but since I have to drop the battery to check it I turn to this forum.

Am I correct in my diagnostic, or could it be something else? Like the HVIL loop?

I DID check all the cells with ScanMyTesla and they are all perfectly balanced.
I think there is something wrong with the DC DC Converter, maybe the fuse? If that's the problem it could explain why the HV was cutoff, and the 12V died.

Something have turned off the DC DC converter from charging the 12v. Before checking the HV fuse, what about investigating the normal fuse box and see if there's no fuses that are blown. If those are fine, then, inspect the DC-DC converter fuse.

I found this tread that seems to support my conclusion its the HV fuse.

So I have ordered fuse 1111313-00-F (PyroTech) off eBay, and new stainless steel fusecover from Electrified Garage.
Should arrive here in Norway in a week or so.

Attachments

• fusebroken.jpg
    fusebroken.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 81
Hello!
The car: 2014 Model S P85 (320kW)
The story:
I was driving on the freeway (120 km/h), pressed 100% accelerator.
The car jerked and lost power.
Alerts: BMS_w059 BMS_f059
Instead of 375V (3.91V*6*16), the BMS voltage jumped in a wide range (304-322-312-327V), while the cell voltages were stable at 3.91V.

Of course, it was the HV fuse problem.

Bussmann fuse: 630A 700V (441kW)

Of the 6*6=36 strands of the fuse, 9 did not burn, but remained pointed, so 27 strands were burned.
Look at the attached picture, you can see the difference between pointed and burnt strands.
From this I conclude that they were already broken before, I think they were broken by the vibration.

So 441kW/36*27=330kW That's why the fuse blew exactly, when the car was taking out the maximum power from the battery.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 38