Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pyro Fuse Question:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have tried wading through the forum and also Google and cannot find a clear answer. I took my 2016 August build Model S P100DL for a Pyro Fuse replacement under warranty. In the repair report it is listed that they put in Part # 1111313-OO-F On Tesla's website it says, "Note- NOT a 100kw HV battery". However, the part above that, Part # 1111445-OO says, "Note-A 100kW HV Battery". I am sure I am most likely misreading what Tesla means by their "Note" but it seems that the correct part as a layperson would be the 1111445-OO and not the 1111313-OO. Can someone explain the difference and assure me that Tesla techs did it all correctly 😂?

If you have any reservations, I'd get Tesla to respond in writing via the app that the correct pyrofuse was replaced.
I messaged them haha. I said basically the same thing I put in the question on here. I'm a lawyer and goodness knows if anything went wrong I want to make sure I have it documented I alerted them and questioned. I already perused the forum link you sent (response appreciated nonetheless) but I did not find it answered my question specifically at all. It was a rather haphazard discussion and my question is straightforward about one version of a fuse versus the other and their respective safe use in a 100kW battery!

Reactions: NV Ray
So the verdict is in! Basically the tech stated that the number of the replacement is for the updated part that receives its power from the HV battery itself as opposed to its own power source.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308_183746_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_183746_Tesla.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20240308_183701_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_183701_Tesla.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: DerbyDave
So the verdict is in! Basically the tech stated that the number of the replacement is for the updated part that receives its power from the HV battery itself as opposed to its own power source.
My interpretation of your screenshots is Tesla confirmed the new self powered pyrofuse replaced the battery powered pyrofuse. Your question of whether correct newer self powered pyrofuse was installed for your 100 kWh car was not answered.

Following video gives you visual of all four types of MS/X pyrofuses since day 1.

Last edited: