Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Body Shops in the ATL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vitaman

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2014
Decatur, GA
Has anyone had experience with either the shop in Jonesboro....Europen Collision Repair or Marietta.....Magnum Collision? (the 2 certified in this area)
Had a fender bender on a 1 week old car today and want it fixed quickly and well.
Thanks in advance.

I guess it's a tribute to the lack of accidents by Tesla drivers in the ATL that nobody knew an answer.
If anyone finds themself in the same boat, feel free to message me to learn what I discovered.

Didn't notice your post, but Magnum Collision comes very highly recommended from the Atlanta Facebook group. They did good work on my X, except for the fact that they damaged the chrome moulding on the falcon doors and I had to wait several extra days for the parts to arrive. To be fair though my X was one of the first ones they worked on. They were repainting the falcon door due to a rock chip that happened prior to delivery.

Thanks for the replies!
Someone at the Tesla service in Decatur had a good experience with ECR so I had it towed there.
Turns out a guy who had serviced my Tesla (and worked for Tesla in California and Georgia for 3-4 years) is now working at ECR. That gave me a shot confidence for sure as he seems to be very detail oriented.

Hit a deer while I was driving 55mph on hwy 129 a couple of miles south of Cleveland GA early Saturday morning. The deer flew like a reindeer so far up and away it just disappeared in the distance. Strangest thing I have ever seen. In any case did some moderate hood grill area damage but I was able to drive home as the hood ans latch are totally mangled together. I saw you thread and was glad to see ECR listed as that is where I will be taking EVie next week. Sure hoping they aren't too backed up right now....

Backed up are probably not the operating words here.
Once they ascertain the damage they order parts. Tesla does not allow Body shops to stock parts (other than wheels).
The big lag occurs after the ordering. I have heard anywhere from 7 days to 25 days for parts to arrive. Then of course they have to utilize those parts to make the repairs. Having your Tesla hit by a Dodge or a Deer (Thank the Lord it wasn't a Deere!) is not for the impatient. Going on 8 days without my Model S. Thought I would miss it, but I miss it more than I thought.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
Yeah, with Magnum, there was a several week waiting period while they waited for the initial parts - luckily, my car was still fully driveable - and then when they got it in and took off the bumper, they realized they needed other parts. There was a little bit of fighting with the insurance company but they were able to get those parts in. I was only without my car for a week.

I almost considered not fixing it - the damage wasn't that noticeable, and I don't care about the resale value as much as some other people. (Although I did it anyway and now have a Carfax, which kills resale, so it was a no win situation.)

3EB7526C-C55C-4BFF-B527-1D1640DB9C41.jpeg
My model s has been at Magnum since Nov 10 th. This has been a very frustrating experience. Seemed like it would be simple fix. A dent left rear and scrapes down right side. Lots of runaround and car rental coverage ran out in first month. Would not trust Enterprise rental co inhouse. Dont walk out without contract in your hands and they will say all they have is big cars and state that I was getting insurance discount but oops it didnt happen and I had no contract in hand to prove. Meanwhile without a car for about 6-7 weeks. Nightmare!! Over 2&1/2 months now!! And still no car. Tesla needs to know how bad things are in Atlanta to get simple dents fixed