Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnet 'Flap' on underside of new Model 3 Q1/2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
A new German owner has discovered this addition on the underside of their bonnet:

xm56h8xer1h61.jpg

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/liatoi/new_flaps_discovered_on_a_model_3_q12021_in/

I can only think it's either to redirect water from sensitive electrical areas or perhaps to redirect airflow, although not sure why.

Any thoughts?

probably to aid airflow to cool the heatpump, i've also noticed that the rubber seal around the rear window has been removed to increase room for the power strut, i've said all along that bit of rubber was irrelevant

probably to aid airflow to cool the heatpump, i've also noticed that the rubber seal around the rear window has been removed to increase room for the power strut, i've said all along that bit of rubber was irrelevant
Not completely removed surely? Last I checked there was just a cutout for the strut. The rest of it rubber seal existed to trap and drain water running off the rear windscreen.

Not completely removed surely? Last I checked there was just a cutout for the strut. The rest of it rubber seal existed to trap and drain water running off the rear windscreen.
The one i saw on Autogefuhl youtube showed about a third of it remaining around the bottom to stop water going in the boot, the rest going up both sides has been removed.

18:33 and 19:08 here, you can clearly see where it ends on both sides