Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnet/Frunk opening of its own accord

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife went out this morning and the bonnet on the Y was open. Bit weird so I checked the camera and it turns out it opened on its own in the middle of the prior afternoon. Never happened before, wondered if anyone had this happen? I have relocated the cables to the boot!

@Leejmoff Did you ever find out what caused your issue?

Reactions: Kenners
It is quite easy to "pocket dial" the Tesla app! A few years ago I accidentally turned on the HVAC, in the middle of winter. It used about 10% SoC before I discovered it on.
Now, I rarely use the Tesla app and close the window after use. I use TeslaFi, if I want to know the state of charge, etc.
Since making these changes, I haven't had any issues.
Also having a Tesla Wall connector means I don't have to use the app to unlock the charge port...

Reactions: Haydn31 and Kenners

What I found odd was that neither of us got a notification saying it was open, or it that function just for the doors and windows?

Well....from what I remember it was my wife doing it. I took the boot opening shortcut off of her app and that stopped it happening.

It was either bugged or she somehow accidentally doing it. Personally I think it was a problem with the app because it would just randomly do it while we were sat watching tv in the evening.

Since changing the shortcuts, it hasn't happened. So maybe try that?

Reactions: Kenners and init6