Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Both fobs just stopped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 P85
Yes, same day, both fobs stopped. Batteries fine.

Tried soft reset / steering wheel.

All works via app though (unlock and start)

But without, just the message "key not in vehicle, unable to drive"

I read a couple other posts mentioning a deep reboot, aka disconnect 12v or a wheel size setting change ( not sure about that?)

Any thoughts?

*Funny side note: App has never been able to unlock car, when it initially happened the roadside call centre tried to unlock and also could not. He then tried a few things at his end then the car opened up. And now the app can unlock the car! Cool little by product fix....must be a checkbox or something in their system. 😁 funny as I've had it in to SC twice before and they could never get the app to unlock it...

There's a setting on the vehicle page for "auto present handles". I don't use it because I'd rather touch or knuckle the handle therefore less wear and tear, it can be annoying when the handles pop out just because you walked by.

The wheel reset is reliable.

I did an update a few days back and I’ve notice that the proximity sensors to unlock the car no longer work, however if I push a button on the fob it will unlock.

Not sure if it is related or not.
Same here. My key fob proximity sensors are a lot less reliable lately. Especially when approaching from the passenger side. My key fob only seems to trigger the door handles when I walk past the driver door. My walk away door lock feature also takes longer to activate which is concerning since it leaves my car open for about 15 seconds after I've walked a reasonable distance away. Both these features were a lot snappier before.

Reactions: QUBO
Ok so tried Wheel config change and got the DEEP reboot but alas, still no fob-to-drive or unlock/lock.

Funny thing is, the fobs still:
- Trigger proximity (auto handles)
- Change profile

So there is still some level of communication with the car.

Buttons on both fobs inactive though. None of these FOB functions working:
- Lock / unlock
- Trunk
- Frunk
- Open charge port

Maybe the radios/recover is poked?