Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a model 3 at auction and repaired it [2019]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long shot, but just looking to connect with the prior owner.

Bought this car at auction after it sustained front end damage and am fixing it up. Nice vehicle: white 2019 M3 long range. Looks like it has enhanced autopilot too.

Thought they would like to know their car has gone to a good home and will someday drive again!

PS - you left a cheeseburger (McDonalds) in the right front passenger floor board. : )

If this is a project that will totally customize the M3 to look different, definitely share it with folks here!

Good luck with the fun project!

It happened in the drive-thru.
Why I never go through drive throughs anymore. I rarely did in the first place. I was rear ended in my Q50 at a McDonalds drive through about 5 years ago. It takes a special kind of stupid to rear end someone in a drive through. Then the guy gets out of his car all huffy and gets in my face. I guess he didn't realize that that could have been a serious mistake on his part.

Get your a** out of the car. That little bit of exercise will do you good and you will generally be on your way sooner. You may also have an opportunity to interact with an actual human.

Why I never go through drive throughs anymore. I rarely did in the first place. I was rear ended in my Q50 at a McDonalds drive through about 5 years ago. It takes a special kind of stupid to rear end someone in a drive through. Then the guy gets out of his car all huffy and gets in my face. I guess he didn't realize that that could have been a serious mistake on his part.

Get your a** out of the car. That little bit of exercise will do you good and you will generally be on your way sooner. You may also have an opportunity to interact with an actual human.

at McD's though. Lately the lobbies are still closed and they still do drive in priority

So @Margaritaboy any updates? Can you still SC etc

Last edited:
I’d love to understand more about the SC being disabled for salvage vehicles, because to my surprise after repairing my salvage M3P I seem to have SC enabled. I’ve been using it for the past four weeks with no problems. Car had the accident back in August 2021. Side airbags deployed only.

Is there any official word on exactly when Tesla decides to disable SC for cars that have been in accidents? Have they gotten rid of this rule now? Does it depend on the type of accident?
M