Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a P90DL from Tesla that does not have Ludicrous Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some thoughts/clarification:

I traded in my model S for a P90DL X Signature this past week from Tesla CPO. The rep informed me the L was for Ludicrous and all of my paperwork and agreement of sale aligns with that statement.

I took delivery and learned it wasn’t enabled. I contacted the rep and she told me I needed the service center to enable it.

I spoke to the service center who checked the car and said it would require a hardware upgrade and they don’t do that anymore - and the car was mis-advertised.

For clarification: P90DL - the L does mean Ludicrous - correct? Yes, the L is on the website and my agreement of sale and all contract documents but it doesn’t say “Ludicrous”

If that is the case, my thought is I paid for an L, and should be delivered and L. If not, it’s a breach of contact and or false advertising. Normally, I wouldn’t make a stink about something like this - but when we are taking about an 80k care with 10k mikes I expect to receive what I contracted to purchase.

Looking for any thoughts - I’ve not been able to get the rep back on the phone with me.
Thanks

• Disagree
Reactions: Sandiegodoug
Are you still within your 7 day return window? Just in case...

I would be pretty upset if I bought a P90DL (expecting it to have a 90kWhr battery, performance motor upgrade, dual motor, and Ludicrous), and find out that it doesn't have ludicrous. Yeah, that's pretty much what the L would stand for, so it's not right that you didn't get it. But your only recourse may be your money back.

Thanks. I am right at my 7 day window. It’s unfortunate because I love the car and bought the black 22’s for it so I’m out of pocket that cost if I trade it back as well.

I’m wondering if there’s a way they can still do the hardware upgrade even if that’s not an offering anymore.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Does the badging on the back have P90D WITH an underline on the bottom of it?Same with the messaging on the inside of the IC display should have the underline as well

no - no badging - I asked about that when I saw the car. The display has “signature”.

From what I’ve read - they used to be able to upgrade these cars but they stopped offering that as a service. I certainly wouldn’t pay for it now but somewhere along the lines they started to advertise this car as Ludicrous. To me, that’s on them and they should make an exception and do the upgrade or buy it back completely (including sales tax, etc). Might have to get my lawyer involved but did not want to go down that path. I’ll update when I finally get a hold of Tesla.

Con
Looking for some thoughts/clarification:

I traded in my model S for a P90DL X Signature this past week from Tesla CPO. The rep informed me the L was for Ludicrous and all of my paperwork and agreement of sale aligns with that statement.

I took delivery and learned it wasn’t enabled. I contacted the rep and she told me I needed the service center to enable it.

I spoke to the service center who checked the car and said it would require a hardware upgrade and they don’t do that anymore - and the car was mis-advertised.

For clarification: P90DL - the L does mean Ludicrous - correct? Yes, the L is on the website and my agreement of sale and all contract documents but it doesn’t say “Ludicrous”

If that is the case, my thought is I paid for an L, and should be delivered and L. If not, it’s a breach of contact and or false advertising. Normally, I wouldn’t make a stink about something like this - but when we are taking about an 80k care with 10k mikes I expect to receive what I contracted to purchase.

Looking for any thoughts - I’ve not been able to get the rep back on the phone with me.
Thanks
Confused why a forum member would 'disagree' with you over this?? It's not like you didn't buy this directly from the manufacturer or that none of your paperwork consistently verifies your claim.

If the OP purchased a USED Tesla there is NO 7 day return period. So his only recourse is to argue that he was promised a feature which wasn't delivered, and therefore he needs the feature, or else will initiate legal proceedings.

Yeap.
Tesla strips FSD from new/used inventory and Ludicrous from P90D"L" to sell as P90D in order to sell faster by lowering $.

Thanks. That is what I remember them starting to do recently. The only way these software enabled features seem to transfer with a used car is if the used car is bought through someone other than Tesla. But that may also be short lived.

What ended up happening here. I also bought a P90DL and had the ludicrous and they removed it 3 months later. Now they are telling me the L doesn’t mean ludicrous and the underline in logo doesn’t mean ludicrous either . I’m ready to look at legal options but there’s strength in numbers. There are many people affected by this

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
What ended up happening here. I also bought a P90DL and had the ludicrous and they removed it 3 months later. Now they are telling me the L doesn’t mean ludicrous and the underline in logo doesn’t mean ludicrous either . I’m ready to look at legal options but there’s strength in numbers. There are many people affected by this
The only way to get the attention of a big corporation is to sue. Good luck.