Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought Autopilot (lite?) when price dropped, 10d later and still not activated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X was delivered in December 2018 in Vancouver, BC and I'd chosen the "buy it later" option for my config and EAP.

The AP price drop/reconfig happened on March 1st or 2nd, and I pulled the trigger on a the less expensive (basic?) AutoPilot. CC was charged... got confirmation it should be delivered in the next 3d...

That was 10d ago.

Anyone else with an X purchased the lower price AP and had it delivered yet?
Autopilot wait 3d.png

My X was delivered in December 2018 in Vancouver, BC and I'd chosen the "buy it later" option for my config and EAP.

The AP price drop/reconfig happened on March 1st or 2nd, and I pulled the trigger on a the less expensive (basic?) AutoPilot. CC was charged... got confirmation it should be delivered in the next 3d...

That was 10d ago.

It is unclear what / how you are verifying.
Are you just trying to use the lever to enable and it is not working?
Are you looking in the menu system and you don't see where you can enable AP yet?
Are you using a tool to see that you don't have the 4 char option code for AP yet?

That was 10d ago.

View attachment 385665
FYI my AP was active shortly after the purchase. I can’t say exactly when but I got in the car 1 hour after purchase and I can already use it. Strangely the official notification on center screen didn’t came on until the next start. I also got summon and Navigation on AP, but they were taken away a few hours later after 2019.5.16 update...

It is unclear what / how you are verifying.
Are you just trying to use the lever to enable and it is not working?
Are you looking in the menu system and you don't see where you can enable AP yet?
Are you using a tool to see that you don't have the 4 char option code for AP yet?

No indication at all of AP being enabled. On autopilot screen in seeing in the car it still shows the purchase button. On the website display for my car there are no AP or FSD options displayed anymore .

Well check that out... When I got in the car this morning I got a "thank you for your purchase" message on the screen... but there was no hint of any AP options in the settings. Huh.

Then when I got in my car this evening to drive home from work I saw the grey steering wheel icon appear on the dashboard. When I checked the settings screen then, I see that I now have an 'autosteer' option.

So here's what I think happened.
  1. 3/2 - I ordered AP on the website
  2. 3/11 - I got the 2019.5.15 update! ... but was disappointed to not see any autopilot options
  3. 3/12 morning - see a "thanks for your purchase" message, but no AP options still.
  4. 3/12 evening - see AP enabled and available in options, and now I see the FSD option on the Tesla website as well (I saw no AP options there after my purchase before)

So I'm betting that I needed to get 2019.05.15 firmware before they could enable my basic AP, and it took a little while for it to get enabled after the FW upgrade.

Well check that out... When I got in the car this morning I got a "thank you for your purchase" message on the screen... but there was no hint of any AP options in the settings. Huh.

Then when I got in my car this evening to drive home from work I saw the grey steering wheel icon appear on the dashboard. When I checked the settings screen then, I see that I now have an 'autosteer' option.

So here's what I think happened.
  1. 3/2 - I ordered AP on the website
  2. 3/11 - I got the 2019.5.15 update! ... but was disappointed to not see any autopilot options
  3. 3/12 morning - see a "thanks for your purchase" message, but no AP options still.
  4. 3/12 evening - see AP enabled and available in options, and now I see the FSD option on the Tesla website as well (I saw no AP options there after my purchase before)

So I'm betting that I needed to get 2019.05.15 firmware before they could enable my basic AP, and it took a little while for it to get enabled after the FW upgrade.

When I called customer service today, they had an automated message saying that they were aware of your issue and were working on it. It sounds like you're not alone with purchasing and not getting the upgrade. I'm still trying to get Tesla to update my account page so I can purchase.

Note for all - After I ordered AP all of the AP options disappeared from my Model X page. I did not see them again until 10d later, today. FSD showed up today on the screen after I finally had AP activated in the car with the new firmware,...

... then promptly disappeared again ... ?

I refreshed again over the next 20min or so and eventually the FSD option showed up again for $4000CAD. Pulled the trigger on it.

When I called customer service today, they had an automated message saying that they were aware of your issue and were working on it. It sounds like you're not alone with purchasing and not getting the upgrade. I'm still trying to get Tesla to update my account page so I can purchase.

Do you see the receipt in your list of document attachments on your car? That showed up right away for me.
What version of firmware is in your car right now?