Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought Model 3 five days ago.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.
I bought a Model 3 AWD long range with EAP for $56,400. Today less than a week later the same price will get me FSD. I feel a bit taken advantage of. Yes I love the car, and I knew prices would drop , but I could never even purchase FSD. Do you guys think I have any recourse? Is Tesla going to offer FSD at a lower cost for folks who literally just purchased?
Thanks,

Hi everyone.
I bought a Model 3 AWD long range with EAP for $56,400. Today less than a week later the same price will get me FSD. I feel a bit taken advantage of. Yes I love the car, and I knew prices would drop , but I could never even purchase FSD. Do you guys think I have any recourse? Is Tesla going to offer FSD at a lower cost for folks who literally just purchased?
Thanks,
Direct from Elon: "Everyone who bought Enhanced Autopilot will get Navigate on Autopilot on highways, advanced summon & autopark". FSD is coming later in year.

Hi everyone.
Thanks,

Worth asking, but ultimately a price drop will always leave recent buyers out of pocket. Where do you draw the line?

I am not bummed about price drop, I am bummed about FSD not being offered at same price 5 days ago. Thanks everyone. I guess I will call customer service.

I see what you mean now. But the tech in these cars is updated all the time with little or no warning. For example I narrowly missed out on the new faster MCU in my MX. You might stand more chance with a software upgrade to FSD if you ask nicely.

I ordered the same spec as you but delivery is not until next week. I plan to ask them to include FSD and maybe get it with free wheel upgrade as some other posters claimed they had.

Hmm. Tesla laying off people, closing some stores (and adding more service centers) and dropping prices 6% across all models (I think that's what I read), all to make the $35K car a reality for the masses; and people want to ask for more freebies than what they signed a contract for???

I got my M3 RWD MR less than a month ago because they weren't offering the LR in RWD now they bring the LR RWD option back and at the same price as what I just paid for MR. Not feeling warm and fuzzy about it either. I would have waited a month and bought the LR had I known they were planning to offer the LR RWD again as an option. :(

I got my M3 RWD MR less than a month ago because they weren't offering the LR in RWD now they bring the LR RWD option back and at the same price as what I just paid for MR. Not feeling warm and fuzzy about it either. I would have waited a month and bought the LR had I known they were planning to offer the LR RWD again as an option. :(

The problem with Tesla is that there is usually no warning of imminent spec changes, so unfortunately you can't make calls like that. It's a pretty dynamic period for Tesla with the M3 ramp up, so anyone buying now should expect things to change rapidly. You could always buy a BMW 3 series which has hardly changed in 2 decades. Or wait a couple of years for the M3 to stabilise in spec.