Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BP Pulse Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More photos from BP Eastern Creek.
PXL_20230122_054517660.jpg

"Risk of electric shock from stored energy, up to two sources of supply"
Not sure whether to interpret the warning that there is Battery storage present or just whether there is big arse capacitance involved and to watch out for stored energy with that.

PXL_20230122_054339314.jpg

Dual CCS, which would be expected given prime highway through traffic passing through Sydney.

PXL_20230122_054355231.jpg

That's an excellent location for through-traffic on the M7. I think it's going to need more than one charger in short order, though!
Through traffic on the M7 would have their tolls roughly double if they pulled off at Spaghetti Western. And the tolls are already too expensive. Better to press on to Seven Hills or Casula.

Through traffic on the M7 would have their tolls roughly double if they pulled off at Spaghetti Western. And the tolls are already too expensive. Better to press on to Seven Hills or Casula.
Oh, that's a little disappointing, I thought the M7 was roughly distance-based tolling. I've driven it a lot of times but only ever end-to-end. Guess I'll keep using Evie Seven Hills! The family don't mind GyG for lunch anyway.

Oh, that's a little disappointing, I thought the M7 was roughly distance-based tolling. I've driven it a lot of times but only ever end-to-end. Guess I'll keep using Evie Seven Hills! The family don't mind GyG for lunch anyway.
Distance based but with a toll cap (currently $9 or so) that's about 20km.
So pulling off in the middle and getting back on effectively means doubling the toll.

Despite all pretty much being owned by Transurban, Sydney tolls are pretty complex.

eg. The new mega-Westconnex is all under one toll cap (M8/M5/M4/M4-M8Link)
But if say there was an accident and instead of taking that loop you went M5-ED-CCT-Anzac Bridge-M4 your journey would be way more expensive

$0.55/kWh for 40kW peak charging speed isn’t going to get them a lot of repeat business. Even if the 40kW limit is just temporary - during a teething stage or while waiting for some electricity supply upgrades - word will get around and it’ll be hard to steer people back to their chargers.

In the particular case of those ones off the M7 motorway, I think I would use them - even at the cost of doubling my toll charge by exiting then re-entering the M7 - if they were fast (180kW peak for my car), but not for 40kW. Also that double-toll cost makes a quick splash-and-dash stop - just enough to get home or to the next fast charger - really expensive.