Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fast charging site at Glenrowan McDonalds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for making a new thread for a single charging location... but this is definitely a multi stall fast charging site, and doesn't fit into any existing network:

Spotted by TechAU:

It doesn't fit into any single existing network or grant funding round:
  • Not Evie 350 kW network - nothing planned between Seymour and Albury
  • Not DCAV - closest was a 1x50 kW Evie site at Wangaratta, already under construction
  • Not ARENA Future Fuels (urban only)
  • Not an Ampol/BP host site
  • Not Tesla stall layout
  • Likely not Chargefox - they seem to not be building their own sites, instead pivoting to be a billing provider/network operator
Layout is interesting, 2 units across 4 spaces.

Sorry for making a new thread for a single charging location... but this is definitely a multi stall fast charging site, and doesn't fit into any existing network:

Spotted by TechAU:

It doesn't fit into any single existing network or grant funding round:
  • Not Evie 350 kW network - nothing planned between Seymour and Albury
  • Not DCAV - closest was a 1x50 kW Evie site at Wangaratta, already under construction
  • Not ARENA Future Fuels (urban only)
  • Not an Ampol/BP host site
  • Not Tesla stall layout
  • Likely not Chargefox - they seem to not be building their own sites, instead pivoting to be a billing provider/network operator
Layout is interesting, 2 units across 4 spaces.
I would guess this is a BP Pulse site. The Glenrowan McDonalds, there are two, are part of two north south BP truck stops. BP already has a highway based EV station up at Ballina.

I would guess this is a BP Pulse site. The Glenrowan McDonalds, there are two, are part of two north south BP truck stops. BP already has a highway based EV station up at Ballina.
Uh oh... I've failed my basic detective work! Didn't even think to check that far.

If I had've used Google Street View it would have shown me some hints...

1677885490412.png

Quite a possibility, Although looking at Google Maps the photo shows the spots on the far side of the BP in what you could only say is Maccas parking.

Guess it depends who owns the carpark.

Arguably similar to Evie Sutton Forest NSW where the chargers sit in a secondary carpark close to McDonalds, but are still marked as Viva (Shell operator in Aus)

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Quite a possibility, Although looking at Google Maps the photo shows the spots on the far side of the BP in what you could only say is Maccas parking.

Guess it depends who owns the carpark.

Arguably similar to Evie Sutton Forest NSW where the chargers sit in a secondary carpark close to McDonalds, but are still marked as Viva (Shell operator in Aus)
Screenshot_20230304-103249.png

Looking at the 'BP side' there does appear to be any exisiting car parking other than the at the pump or queueing behind. So this site probably did not lend itself to locating them front and centre of the BP. It would also likely require a DA to alter that side. I think BP have been getting away with not doing DAs as I suspect the electrical upgrades might be exempt and they are using exisiting parking locations.

My new thread creation was too hasty then - feel free to merge into the BP Pulse thread if you think it makes sense, @meloccom!
I think I’m going to leave it as is. Sometimes It has been useful to have individual Supercharge or DC Quick Charger site threads so people can follow their construction and monitor for outages etc. Members can simply search by location name. However I will no longer ‘stick‘ the threads as there’s now too many new sites, which I see as a good problem.

The rock in the background (right of pic) confirmed it for me!

This is good planning by BP.

They've gone with a single Tritium 75 kW unit at a lot of sites... but every minor tweak they've made improves it immensely. Two units, better. Dual CCS on each unit, even better. Duplicate the whole config on the opposite side, better still.

Of course the units will share capacity but they can also all be upgraded to 150 kW per unit.

Reactions: mike_j
The rock in the background (right of pic) confirmed it for me!

This is good planning by BP.

They've gone with a single Tritium 75 kW unit at a lot of sites... but every minor tweak they've made improves it immensely. Two units, better. Dual CCS on each unit, even better. Duplicate the whole config on the opposite side, better still.

Of course the units will share capacity but they can also all be upgraded to 150 kW per unit.
I got 100kW here recently - the charge graphic on the screen seems to max out at 100kW.