Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Lights on Infotainment Screen not Showing anymore when Braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, while stopped in parking lot in "hold" mode, lights off, brake lights in avatar flickering on-off-on-off, finally off. Used to be solid "on" while stopped in hold mode. 2022,28.2 Used to be when backing off accelerator significantly, avatar brake lights would light. No longer - clearly a new bug. I love single pedal driving. Other cars don't show brake lights unless physical brake pedal is engaged. Hope this gets fixed!

Certainly an agree to disagree . I still maintain this is an entirely redundant feature that distracts you from focusing on the road. Every glance at the screen is a distraction, where the driver may miss something critical, particularly when slowing down/ braking.

Additionally, there's nothing that leads me to conclude for a Tesla that rear brake lights mysteriously fail, and that somehow this avatar is critical functionality to verify every time I am applying brakes or 1 pedal drive does them on my behalf. It's ludicrous.
You’re telling people that if they see something out of the ordinary with their car they should ignore it. All while you act like they’re idiots. Oh the irony.

Reactions: Sir Earl Grey
I had never really noticed the brake light showing on the avatar so today I checked it out. When driving in daylight with headlights on auto, the brake lights and turn signals on the avatar did not light up so I turned the headlights on and as has been posted earlier, the brake lights and turn signals then showed on the avatar. I then turned the headlights off, made a short stop and got out of the car. After getting back into the car and driving with the headlights off, the brake lights and turn signals still showed on the avatar. I haven’t driven the car again today to see if it still works during daylight but I will update this post when I am able to check it out again.

I was hoping that software 2022.36 would fix this issue, but I installed it tonight and it doesn't appear to have been fixed. My guess is that it would be a while before Tesla would fix it, if ever, since it doesn't appear to be a bug that bothers very many people. Oh well.

I was hoping that software 2022.36 would fix this issue, but I installed it tonight and it doesn't appear to have been fixed. My guess is that it would be a while before Tesla would fix it, if ever, since it doesn't appear to be a bug that bothers very many people. Oh well.
Agree with you & Corndart, it is a bug. A new bug. The bug that caused this thread.
Hope they do fix it since we have been Pavlov trained. One can only imagine it has to be fixed in some future update. Maybe more so given some of the odd acting avatar quirks noted here.

• Funny
Reactions: Corndart
I had never really noticed the brake light showing on the avatar so today I checked it out. When driving in daylight with headlights on auto, the brake lights and turn signals on the avatar did not light up so I turned the headlights on and as has been posted earlier, the brake lights and turn signals then showed on the avatar. I then turned the headlights off, made a short stop and got out of the car. After getting back into the car and driving with the headlights off, the brake lights and turn signals still showed on the avatar. I haven’t driven the car again today to see if it still works during daylight but I will update this post when I am able to check it out again.
I drove the car today again, and the brake light and turn signals are still showing up on the avatar during daylight with the headlights off. I can’t explain why it is working on mine, and not on others.

To be clear, are the physical brake lights behaving correctly? It's just the car avatar in the infotainment that's misbehaving? I haven't been able to verify it myself.

I hope my actual brake lights aren't blinking/flashing and making me look like an idiot while stopped at a light.

2022.36.5 installed today, bug's still there :(
Yeah, I installed 36.5 yesterday and it's not fixed. At least my turn signals are back and the brake light blips now before going off, neither of which was the case before when this bug first appeared. Maybe 36.6 or 40.x would restore the avatar lights? I guess if the bug is still present on 40.x, I give up on it ever getting fixed.

Mine still don't show as braking on the info screen but have confirmed that the actual brake lights are working fine. I was worried that my aftermarket rear lights were causing the issue but glad to learn it's not just me.

I don't rely on the info screen but would be nice to know the lights are on when you don't actually press the pedal.

Installed the big holiday update and brake light animation still not working on screen.
Like others have said, during braking, the animation brake lights blink then turn off. This is during the daylight with headlights off.
Guess it has not been corrected…
Everyone still with same issue?