Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new MY needs computer replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 MYLR with less than 500 miles. Picked up on 7/3. The vehicle's screen went black after being parked and was not able to be restarted. Tesla roadside sent out a local towing company who could not jump the 16v battery either, so it was towed to a local SC. The SC told me that they needed to replace the computer and are waiting for parts. They got the computer in a couple days later, but are now telling me that their techs are having issues with the firmware update. Now my estimated completion date is pushed out another week. Does it usually take this long to replace the computer or resolve firmware issues? Should I be concerned with them giving me old or refurbished parts at all? Is this how long it usually takes them to resolve computer issues? I'm hoping they'll be giving me the same computer unit with the same processor that came with my MY.

2023 MYLR with less than 500 miles. Picked up on 7/3. The vehicle's screen went black after being parked and was not able to be restarted. Tesla roadside sent out a local towing company who could not jump the 16v battery either, so it was towed to a local SC. The SC told me that they needed to replace the computer and are waiting for parts. They got the computer in a couple days later, but are now telling me that their techs are having issues with the firmware update. Now my estimated completion date is pushed out another week. Does it usually take this long to replace the computer or resolve firmware issues? Should I be concerned with them giving me old or refurbished parts at all? Is this how long it usually takes them to resolve computer issues? I'm hoping they'll be giving me the same computer unit with the same processor that came with my MY.

Replacing the computer is not normal. and yes, there can be some issues with getting the software versions synced.

Reactions: Milehighblue

How did things work out?