Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y- car computer to be replaced after running 4K miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is asking me to replace my car computer when I gave the car for service repair as I had issues with software upgrade. They are saying they found fault with some internal issue.
car is currently under repair but I want to know what all things should I ask them or verify to make sure things are genuine (parts) and it’s right thing to do.

Did you feel any difference after replacement was done
Like a mod said to someone else in another topic, worry about it when you get to that point.

Right now, you have two options, let them replace it or don’t and continue using faulty equipment (and risk other issues).

So really, just worry about if it drives differently after you’ve gotten the car back and if it actually does drive differently at that point.

For one thing, you’ve only driven the car for 4k miles… not really a lot. I’ve driven mine for over 13k and I’m sure I can still find new ways to adjust my driving or quirks to deal with.

Note, I doubt it would drive differently anyway. Unless they upgrade or downgrade from AP4, it should just be the same as any other car with matching hardware and software.

Reactions: Kurt-D-Yguy
Upvote 0
If they say it needs to be replaced, allow them to replace it. FWIW mine was just replaced after a multi-month saga of cameras, gps, etc failing intermittently. My car is also a 2023 Y with currently about 3500 miles on it.
If they say Replace It and it is covered under warranty, then, what seems to be the problem officer?
After replacing the car computer did you feel any difference ?

Upvote 0
Did you feel any difference after replacement was done
If the main problem you're having is downloading/installing updates, you're not gonna feel any difference with a new computer. It could be that the components in the computer that hold the firmware used for updates is bad and can't be swapped out, thus requiring an entire computer change. Not sure why you're so reluctant to do this. . . .

Upvote 0